Moen kitchen faucet, Having trouble removing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Sharon Ludwig

Reaction score
I have a Moen faucet that needs replacing. But, geez, I didn't realize removing the old faucet would be such a chore. There's a nut underneath the bracket (sorry, don't know the official terminology - but it's the black and gold piece in the photos). My husband and I thought loosening that nut would allow us to remove the faucet. We were able to loosen the nut without much trouble and the faucet did, in fact, also loosen. But now the nut just seems to be spinning in place. We've been turning and turning for half the day and there seems to be no progress. But we're worried this isn't even the right thing to be doing in the first place. Underneath the nut is a black and white piece of plastic...does that need to come off first? Not sure how to remove that either... We've since started kind of hacking the faucet to pieces, trying to find a way. Thanks for any advice!
moen-2.JPG
moen-1.JPG

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
The two white nibs sticking out of the black connector are the ends of a c-clip that holds the hose onto the faucet. Push them back through and the hose will slide off and the faucet should be free.

Sharon Ludwig

Reaction score
@fullysprinklered Thank you! Worked perfectly. It's just nice to know what to focus on. Yesterday, while I hated all things faucet, I couldn't get that clip loose. But in the light of a new day, it was no problem. Thank you again!

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
It pays big dividends to keep a file of install instructions and any other literature that comes with equipment in your home.
Make sure that, if not doing the job yourself, that installers are instructed to leave that stuff with you, rather than trashing it.
You paid for it: might as well get the full advantage of it.
Just being able to ID what you have can sometimes mean easily finding replacement parts and valuable repair information.

Alx

Reaction score
The two white nibs sticking out of the black connector are the ends of a c-clip that holds the hose onto the faucet. Push them back through and the hose will slide off and the faucet should be free.
I have the exact same problem

How to remove the c clip tried pushing it

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks