New York Plumber

Users who are viewing this thread

Metal Spinner

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good honest plumber working in Manhattan New York?
I need a 2"stub out removed and replaced, I live in CA and would do it myself here but in a NY co-op apartment building I don't want to do any plumbing there my self because of liability.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
"...but in a NY co-op apartment building I don't want to do any plumbing there my self because of liability."

Is the person who lives there (you or somebody else) renting it? Or does he/she own it?

Maybe you need to bring out the old Co-op Rule Book and check about liability if plumbing is done DIY.

Metal Spinner

Reaction score
"...but in a NY co-op apartment building I don't want to do any plumbing there my self because of liability."

Is the person who lives there (you or somebody else) renting it? Or does he/she own it?

Maybe you need to bring out the old Co-op Rule Book and check about liability if plumbing is done DIY.

My wife owns the apartment. If anyones unit causes damage to another unit (usually below) the owner of the unit with the leak is responsible.
We only spend 10% of the year there so a minor leak could go unnoticed for quite a while all that time doing damage, that's why I would leave that job to a professional.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
This certainly does not appear to be a major plumbing problem. I'm sure there are licensed and bonded plumber (NOT handy man) that could make this repair.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Find out who the Super likes to use and thinks does a good job. This will save you significant brain damage when dealing with the building.

That said, Maccarone Plumbing does a lot of work on the Upper East Side. I haven't used them in the City, but we have used them extensively in the Country (i..e. Long Island) for more than 25 years. They have an extensive practice in the City. They aren't the cheapest, but they have always done meticulous, knowledgeable work for us and for the people that I have recommended them to. They're based in Glen Cove, Long Island. My experience over dozens of repairs, including some tricky ones, is that they come in, do the repair right the first time, and that item needs no further work or adjustment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks