Nordyne M7 Two Stage - Fan Control - Pellet Stove

Users who are viewing this thread

Hiskid1973

Reaction score
I switched to propane and installed a Nordyne M7 last year in my 14x70 m/h last year. This past summer I enclosed the 9x20 porch. We enjoyed the extra space so we decided to put a small pellet stove in. We are amazed how much residual heat there is to warm the rest of the m/h with fans. Anyway my thought was to send it back the hall and circulate using he ventilation option with the th8321 stat. The a/c is a package unit so I have y connected to y&g and let the fan board in the package control it. I have the stat g going to the m7 board. I switched to "fan" but no response with m7 fan. I had the stat set to "furnace controls fan". I didn't try stat controls fan". I'm wondering about the nordyne board as it has r,c,b,w on one terminal block and the y and g on the block below. It made me wonder if the fan control is only on the a/c side. My thought was a second stat using he fan setting using ventilation options. My concern tho is that if the furnace does fire there would be a conflict.
Any thoughts/comments. GBY

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
https://www.doityourself.com/forum/...nordyne-m7-honeywell-th8321-pellet-stove.html

What I'm trying to understand is the A/C unit was installed a long time ago? You converted to a propane furnace (forced air system) separate from the A/C unit? Or is the AC coil above or downstream of the furnace plenum? Do you want to run the AC fan or the furnace fan to circulate the heat from the pellet stove? What type is the second stage heating?

Most heating systems will control the fan to turn on when called for heat. The furnace wants to get the plenum good and warm before turning on the fan, however, with the correct wiring you should be able to override the fan and run it continuous. The fan is turning off because your wiring (the green or G wire) is probably connected to the fan AC, if you have two units. The furnace is not allowing the fan to run (no power on the G lead) right after power up because the plenum is cold.

Last edited:

Hiskid1973

Reaction score
Turns out the stat is buggy. Removed it from base and jumped r to g and the fan ran. Plugged it back in and it lost connection to c and the panel went out. Found out the newer version of this stat(which I have) went from pins to a computer type connecting that has contact issues.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks