Complete new Drip system starting at Valve or Sprinkler conv kit

Users who are viewing this thread

mggray87

Reaction score
I asked this in my other post. but maybe a new thread would be more people with knowledge.

Before I tore my yard up to complete dirt. I had a 3 zone sprinkler system that I used the rainbird Sprinkler head drip conversion heads in. I capped some sprinkler heads and put the drop conversion sprinkler heads in where it reduces to 30psi andhas a little filter screen in it.

Now my yard is all dirt since im remodeling. Should I Repeat this. Reinstall 3 zone valves with anti siphon. and run the 3 zones of PVC to locations and then use the rainbird drip sprinkler heads so it reduces at the head and filters or would you recommend putting a filter and reducer right after each valve. and running reduced PSI water lines with pvc underground to location?

not sure if I make any sense LOL. sorry

Mike

basically right now I got a Main Irrigation PVC line sitting in my backyard with no valves yet.

Magna111

Reaction score
See the other post for my response to the bulk of your question. What are you currently using for backflow/anti siphon, and what are you proposing to use in the new area?

mggray87

Reaction score
See the other post for my response to the bulk of your question. What are you currently using for backflow/anti siphon, and what are you proposing to use in the new area?
copy that I got that... regards to plants. I don't even know im tired of everything burning in the 110* week long heat we been getting last 2 summers. something CA native.. I love tropical plants but not much shade in my yard... basically plants/shrubs to grow and fill in fence line... a few smaller palms

mggray87

Reaction score
shit I don't think I even have a blackflow or antisiphon on my irrigation now... bought the house 2 years ago. 4 zones in front all I see is valves. and was 3 zones in year. they made 1 zone in front to drop. other 2 are regular sprinkers... don't see anything. by the spigot where the ball valve for the main and main irrigation shut off. I don't see any anti siphon or backflow preventer up there either. and from there the water goes into garage and into my carbon filter and softener and into home.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks