Niagara Stealth problems

Users who are viewing this thread

randy crocker

Reaction score
I'am hav'ing a problem with this toilet running and the bowl draining after flush. This is a niagara stealth n7714 toilet. I've replaced the flush valve seal twice and thats not the problem. The tank seems to drain down about every 5 min. or so and I'll hear the tank refill for about 3 sec. Also after the flush is finished the water in the bowl will drain down to a low level sometimes leaving a little air gap. I've replaced the flush valve twice, even though it did'nt need it. I poured a bucket of water down the bowl which went down just fine. Niagara is sending me a gasket that goes from the tank to the unit in the tank( no idea what you call it) but have no idea of how to remove the unit from the tank. Any help would sure be appreciated, Thanks

Reach4

Reaction score
A useful l troubleshooting method is to turn off the supply water to the toilet. Note how the water in the tank falls over time. The level at which the water stops dropping helps to identify the cause.

randy crocker

Reaction score
A useful l troubleshooting method is to turn off the supply water to the toilet. Note how the water in the tank falls over time. The level at which the water stops dropping helps to identify the cause.
I've given this a try, the water level in the bowl dropped about 1" enough to create an air gap. The water level in the tank has dropped about 7" with about 1" of water left on the bottom. It seems to have stopped there from what I can tell.

stealth_inside_tank.jpg

photo added by Terry

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
he water level in the tank has dropped about 7" with about 1" of water left on the bottom. It seems to have stopped there from what I can tell.
So that is the level I would be looking at.

Looks complex. Possibly when the water has dropped to about 1/2 inch of where it is going to stop dropping, a few drops of food color into spots in the tank would show the flow.

stealth-bottom-outlet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ben12345

Reaction score
Hey guys--- I had the same problem and contacted Niagara... the air transfer tube is clogged. Remove the tank and pour hot water down the small hole. Good luck! -Ben

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks