What is This Outdoor Drain?

Users who are viewing this thread

MarkInAtlanta

Reaction score
There is a drain pile near one of my outside faucets. There is a steady drip of water coming out. Have never seen this before. The house is 12 years old. Can anyone tell me what this could be?

Attachments

• IMG_1935.JPG
    IMG_1935.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 143

Reach4

Reaction score
I suspect it is the air conditioner evaporator drain.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If the water is warm, Terry's suggestion is probably right. If not, it will take more investigation.

Some places put in a pressure relief valve to bleed off excess pressure if it gets too high. I'm not a fan unless there's something critical you need to protect, but if it was from that, it would likely be cold. In either case, it might be a good idea to check to see what your water pressure actually is, and that's easy. Pick up a water pressure gauge with a hose connection on it, and screw it onto say that hose bib nearby. If you get one with a second, tattle-tale hand, leave it there for 24-hours, to capture the peak water pressure, which may be in the early morning hours when nobody in the system is using much water, and they're refilling water towers.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks