Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
This is Caleb's picture of the eclipse

eclipse-caleb.jpg

photo by Caleb Mardini

eclipse-terry.jpg

Taken as a selfie, looking away from the sun. Taylor had some "glasses" to see it that he let me use. A black plastic that was just for that purpose. With those I was able to seen the near eclipse very well, mainly looking like a jet black sky through the film. Regardless, in the Seattle area it still remained pretty bright outside. I didn't see any animals getting spooked or raccoons heading running around willy nilly. My brother Clare went to Madras Oregon for the full meal deal.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
eclipse-clare-1.jpg

Madras Oregon, taken by Clare Love

Totality. 30x telephoto hand held 1/6 of a second. Then I changed the ISO setting and got 1/40th of a second. Still way slow

I debated whether going to that much trouble was worth the difference for the difference between 94% coverage and complete totality. It was.When the eclipse begins, you watch that bright disk s l o o w l y nibbled down to a thin crescent, but when the moment of totality arrives, it's almost like an explosion. First it looks as though the moon has caught fire. Then your eyes adjust quickly and you now see the radiant corona which extends out a great distance from the sun's surface. 2 minutes and 2 seconds passes rapidly and leaves you wishing for more.

eclipse-clare-2.jpg

Mt Jefferson in the distance.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks