Under Slab Plumbing - New Construction

Users who are viewing this thread

jimpargolf

Reaction score
I am getting ready to build a new home and have a question about the waste pipes under the slab.
Attached is the (very preliminary)plan showing the layout. I put the Septic tank near the garage so any future pumping allows access. Can I run the waste pipe from BR3 (top left) - it goes under the slab, then partially under the open air courtyard and again under the slab. Is this allowed ?Also, I am planning on a future guest house (1BR,1BA 650sqft, kitchenette) on the top of a hill about 75' away. Can I tie in the waste line from the guest house to the main house (as shown on the drawing) ? Or a separate septic tank for the guest house ?
Thank you!

Attachments

• Plumbing:Waste Prelim.pdf
    104.4 KB · Views: 265

MACODEDOC

Reaction score
IF THE PIPING IS DONE THE WAY IT IS SHOWN I WOULD ALLOW IN MY JURISDICTION, I ALSO WOULD ALLOW THE GUEST HOUSE TO BE TIED INTO A SINGLE SEPTIC TANK IF SIZED PROPERLY. I HOPE IT HELPS

jimpargolf

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply...Now I've added a bit more detail to show the DFU's and pipe size. In California, they allow 34 DFU's on a horizontal 3" pipe. I have 2 options - keep it as shown with the guest house tying in at the septic tank or option 2 - tie it in at the upper left cleanup location. This would be shorter trenching but exceeds the allowed 34 DFU's for 3". Then as I understand the code, I can keep 3" pipe until I exceed the 34DFU's which would occur at the bathroom on the upper right. From there, I would need to have to use 4" from the bathroom tie in to the septic. Is that correct? Also, I understand I need a cleanout at the upper end (which I have) and then every 100'. I added a cleanout pipe that is accessed from the courtyard to the main pipe. I also have a 2 way access pipe just outside the house. That is what I understand the code to be. Correct ?
Lastly, does the overall pipe layout look correct (efficient) ? The one area I think I could improve upon is going from the upper left. Instead of angling down I could just go straight down and tie it in near the washer/dryer. Less trenching/pipe. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Attachments

• Waste Plumbing Rev.1.pdf
    108.8 KB · Views: 223

jimpargolf

Reaction score
Would anyone recommend a 4" instead of 3" pipe ? Even though the house is fairly large, it is only planned for 2 people.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks