Constantly clogging toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

FlushedAndClogged

Reaction score
The toilet in our house constantly is clogging even with modest amounts of solid waste. Once it clogs it takes a plumber to unclog it. Assuming that it is not something like roots in the pipes (the plumbers so far said no) is there a toilet on the market that will flush "no matter what"? This has been going on for about six months to a year and I really need a working toilet in the house.
Thanks in advance for all pertinent replies.

Reaction score
If your plumber isn't removing the toilet to unclog it, you may want to invest in a toilet auger.

If you feel uncomfortable to purchase/use a toilet auger, you may want to replace the toilet.

The toilet reseller/installer will be happy.

Go for it, you deserve it.

Reach4

Reaction score

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you can identify the brand and model of the toilet, one of the pros may have some thoughts on whether it's likely the toilet or the drainage line. Note, if there's a problem with the drainage line, a new toilet probably wouldn't help. So, it would be helpful to know where the clog is: in the toilet, or in the line. ANd, if in the line, where. It could be that the slope is not correct on the drainage line (i.e., either a belly, or a backwards slope or even just flat verses a down-hill run). If there's standing water or waste in the line, no toilet will flush properly. You need to know where the clogs are occurring.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks