Refrigerator Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Rburt5

Reaction score
I'm posting this question here because I don't know where else to post it. Any direction is appreciated.

I have a Whirlpool top-mount refrigerator that is 9 years old. Ice keeps forming in my freezer and water keeps dripping into my fridge. I let it defrost for 24 hours and then dried it all up. I stuck a wire down the freezer drain. Then I poured water into the drain and it passed through. No clog. Within 20 minutes of plugging it back in the water started dripping again. It happens nonstop all year round. The water supply line isn't even hooked up. What could be the problem?

Read more: http://forum.appliancepartspros.com...9314-condensation-problems.html#ixzz4cYXYGpqm
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify, you have a top-mount freezer per your other post?

So, that being the case, and knowing you don't have a water supply coming into the unit for an ice maker or water dispenser, then clearly the water you are experiencing is defrost water. You have checked for a clog and didn't find one.

I would have to think you have a leak in the tubing that takes the defrost water down to the evaporation pan in the bottom of the refrigerator.

If you do pour water down the freezer drain, does it show up in the pan?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If the seals on the door(s) aren't making good contact, maybe because the frig is not level, which could twist things, and keep the door(s) from sealing properly. Think of a cold glass of ice water...it sweats. The inside of your frig will, too, if the doors aren't sealed. It will also make it work much harder, using more energy.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks