Need help ID'ing the well/casing Please!

Users who are viewing this thread

beermaster

Reaction score
Hi folks. I've been looking for hard to find answers and this was the only forum i found where i have some hope of getting help. Background info, I am disabled and got my social security taken away because we failed to file some forms. Resolving that will take a good 120 days, meanwhile me, wife and kids are screwed with no income. So we have to leave the city and go back out to the backwoods of northern michigan where we can survive on pennies. The only issue is, our well pump took a dump. After being away for a year, water was dripping from the ceiling of the pump house, destroyed the motor bearings, and cooked the wingdings. Obviously calling pro's on this is not an option. Having some experience with that bloody pump, i managed to bolt in a different motor, but the old pump is cracked, rusted and jacked so it was beyond any repair. We can throw a new pump on a credit card out of desperation. I believe what we have is a deep well, one pipe vertical jet system, with the jet itself deep inside the well. when i unbolt the pump, i am presented with what seems to be a casing adapter. Casing adapter only has ONE hole, about 2" wide. I think the jet assembly itself may be inside of the pump body judging by what i see, or it could be deep inside the well, with pipes converted to one with a flange permanently installed on it. If someone could please identify what i have, and what i need to replace it. Ultimately i need a bolt on solution. I think a Gould VJ 1.5hp is what i need but i can't afford to take the risk and get the wrong thing. Thanks in advance fellas. P.S. original pump specs are 120 volts, looks like it was multistage, 1.5 hp motor.

Drew

P.S. we are away from the property right now, and i can't take more pictures even if i wanted to :(

Attachments

• 20161014_190746.jpg
    20161014_190746.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 271
  • 20161014_190836.jpg
    20161014_190836.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 245
  • 20161014_190843.jpg
    20161014_190843.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 245
  • 20161014_190653.jpg
    20161014_190653.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 258

Texas Wellman

In the Trades
Reaction score
It appears to be a goulds vj deep well jet. A vj or sj model should bolt right on. Go with the sj as it has multiple stages. The Vjs are more for flow than pressure.

beermaster

Reaction score
Thank you kindly Mr Wellman. Any one else with any other guesses or do you think you are spot on? Also thanks on recommending the SJ. Wish me the best of luck! Gonna hit the manuals moment we have confirmation :)! hats off!

MI Well Drilling

Oh well !
Reaction score
Wellman has it spot on. You could plumb a single stage horizontal pump on there but if you can swing get yourself a vertical Gould to bolt right on. What part of Michigan are you in? I have a cabin in Gaylord and could possibly give you a hand. Gonna cost you some of that beer that you're advertising. Lol

beermaster

Reaction score
Hi Mi Well Drilling. I appreciate the offer brother, but I am all the way up in manistee. I got this :) I am from down in Roseville. You did just give a great idea. Since i really don't care about water pressure, i do have a 1/2 hp random pump that was used on a well that long dried up. I'll throw a jet kit on it, and just for giggles see if it can deliver any water. Will report on how it goes as soon as it warms up enough to do it. My body is way to jacked to do it ioin this cold. (19 degrees forcested). Thanks again everyone!!!

MI Well Drilling

Oh well !
Reaction score
You don't need to put a jet kit on it because the jet for your well is down inside the 2 inche well already. A deep well pump is what you need. If it froze it's very possible that the jet will be plugged. Blow air down the center of the casing adapter after removing the pump and let your air compressor run for a few until a continuous flow of air comes from the the other hole. Come to think of it most Gould casing adapters do not have threads so you will more than likely have to replace your existing pump with another Gould. Changing the existing casing adapter may end up causing more damage. If you can swing it purchase a vertical Gould pump on line or from Milan supply in Mount pleasant. Hopefully everything works out for you

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If you can swing it purchase a vertical Gould pump on line or from Milan supply in Mount pleasant. Hopefully everything works out for you

Hey MI. Will Milan sell to a homeowner like that? Most suppliers will not sell to anyone except an installer. If not just Google the model number as there are several people selling on the Internet within a few bucks of what I can buy Goulds from my supplier.

MI Well Drilling

Oh well !
Reaction score
They will but at a very rich list price. To bad beer pro isn't closer to my Barry county location because I have the pump he needs setting on my shelf brand new that I've been wiping the dust off for 2 months.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks