Want to change well tank pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Sydflash

Reaction score
I want to go to 40/60 tank pressure, but want to check that the equipment I have can handle it. There is lots of advice around on how to change the pressure but not much regarding what one needs to consider first.

Can anyone give me advice on what equipment specs I need to check before changing the pressure?

Reach4

Reaction score
I want to go to 40/60 tank pressure, but want to check that the equipment I have can handle it. There is lots of advice around on how to change the pressure but not much regarding what one needs to consider first.

Can anyone give me advice on what equipment specs I need to check before changing the pressure?

Do you have a submersible (down the well) or what?

What pressure is the system currently set up for?

Anyway, what I think you would do is to adjust the pre-charge higher as appropriate for your kind of pump. Then you would turn the nut on the big spring CW to raise the pressures. If the pump can raise the pressure to the 60 PSI cut-off in a reasonable time, then you should be fine.

Last edited:

Sydflash

Reaction score
It is a submersible, Gould 10GS05412 - 1/2 HP with a 32 gal. Amtrol WX-203. Pump is less than 100 ft deep, and there is lots of water.

I don't want anyone to think I am asking them to check the specs... I'm just wondering what specs I need to check. Thanks!

It is running at 30 - 50.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
That pump can easily do 40/60. Just tighten the large adjustment in the pressure switch about 3 turns. Then you can drain the tank and up the air pressure to 35.

Reach4

Reaction score
If the water is usually 45 ft deep or less and stays less than 60 deep, you should be OK.

Set your precharge to 38 PSI first, with 0 PSI.

Attachments

• img_1.png
    img_1.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 256

Sydflash

Reaction score
Thanks to all for the advice! I increased the pressure and it seems to be working well (no pun intended).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks