Well Pump help

Users who are viewing this thread

Dane Doremus

Reaction score
Hello! I am new to this forum and looking for help on getting my well working again.

so here is the run down of my old pump that went bad.

1 1/2HP

230 volts

8.7amps

2inch well

I think it around 60 to 80 ft down

pump dates back to 1978

so I have looked at new well pump from menards of the wyane CWS100 pump and the 2 inch jet kit.

This pump is 1HP were mine was 1 1/2hp so will this affect my well?

How big should my tank be for the well?

Is there special tool to replace the jet kit and where is this located at?

Reach4

Reaction score
Is there special tool to replace the jet kit and where is this located at?
I think you are talking about this kit:
http://www.menards.com/main/plumbin...44430525866-c-8672.htm?tid=245012485272934897
http://www.simerpumps.com/ResidentialProduct_sm_hw_hw_FP4840.aspx
1692.jpg

Are you asking where the jet goes, how to get the old jet and packer out, or what?

Dane Doremus

Reaction score

Reach4

Reaction score
Thank

Yes i was asking where the jet goes and if it has any special tools it takes to take it out.

I am guessing the jet threads in to the flange ?

I have not done it, but the jet goes way down the well where the current one is. The adapter goes atop the casing, and the two pipes go between the adapter and the pump. One pipe goes from the adapter down to the jet assembly. It looks like there is a selection of jet venturi and I don't know how to select the right one. I hope there are instructions packed into the kit.

You will probably have to pull hard to get the old assembly out. You might have to rig something up.

I hope you get some more info from somebody who has actually done this. Find out recommendations for pipe dope, teflon tape and whatever.

MI Well Drilling

Oh well !
Reaction score
A project like this should have a pro involved. You could hurt yourself and ruin the well all together. I've tried helping people install the menards pumps and they're junk. If your current pump is a vertical pump please post a picture because it may have a take away motor. Therfore you may be able to replace the motor only

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks