• No

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

CubGirl

Reaction score
oh, they visit the site. they just don't enforce the code. it's a rubber stamp and i was told "when the contractor signs the paperwork, he declares he's followed code." maybe that's the permit application or something they sign at the inspection. i didn't get that far in the details. but here in huntsville alabama, they are not checking the work.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It is when many of the inspectors got fired for incompetence or corruption. It came to a head when people started waking up with the sun shining in their eyes, but the sunlight was coming through a hole where the ceiling met the wall, and not through a window.

CubGirl

Reaction score
hi again... so i removed the subfloor and now i want to remove the old flange. i'm confused as to what i have exactly. it looks like something is attached to the cast iron pipe. do i remove just the flange or the entire piece that's attached to the "bend" cast iron pipe? here are 3 pictures... i'm thinking of using my rockwell oscillating tool to cut off the flange. would that work?? i know to be careful of the pipe but not sure what the big thing attached to it is or what to do exactly.

thank you guys for your help. i appreciate it a lot.

Attachments

• IMG_1257.JPG
    IMG_1257.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1258.JPG
    IMG_1258.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_1259.JPG
    IMG_1259.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 139
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks