3. top of pump has gauge
4. pump to tank
5. out of tank to faucet
6. then into ground
7. out of ground
7. to brass valve
8. to faucet
9. into house.

Is there supposed to be an inline ball valve between pump and tank and a schraeder (sp?) valve between valve and tank? Because I am having a difficult time drawing down for a water logged tank. I took the gauge out and used my small 12v tire pump to run air in the top of the pump, but I ran that for over 10 mins. I think I was actually syphoning the well thru the pump.

Reach4

Reaction score
Mark has his actual info on other posts. So when he is referring to pictures, he want you to track those down, I guess.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Is there supposed to be an inline ball valve between pump and tank and a schraeder (sp?) valve between valve and tank? .
No.

What is in the port above the AVC? That would be a good place to put a schrader valve. Anyway, why not just replace the AVC so that it adds air automagically?

Mark Chauvin

Reaction score
Website
markchauvin.com
Oops sorry I forgot the photos:

index.php
index.php

Mark Chauvin

Reaction score
Website
markchauvin.com
No.

What is in the port above the AVC? That would be a good place to put a schrader valve. Anyway, why not just replace the AVC so that it adds air automagically?

The port on the side above the AVC is a plug. It is a half inch soI guess I could put an adapter to fit a Schrader valve there. As far as removing the AVC. That is the second one that the well guy put on. That was about a year ago. They whole thing is out of warranty now.

Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks