Well pump only generating 25psi

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
In 2007 Grundfos acquired Peerless Pump.

Did he say how far down the pump was set and what the current static water level is? Typically the well would be about 20 feet above the bottom. You want to keep that info. I would guess the new pump is a 5 GPM pump. Do you know what model it is? Lower number GPM is good. That means it has more stages and can handle the depth.

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
It was probably an Aermotor pump, we put them in by the truck load back in the 70's

I doubt it was the mineral content in the water that ate up the nipple, more likely your water has a low pH.

garberfc

Reaction score
I'm not even quite sure what your questions are, but the repair guy estimated the pump was 220' below the surface (I thought it was 265'. That's what I was told when they drilled the well in 94'). Looking down the well I can see the level of the water, it's about 15' down from ground level.

I should know the brand and model. I just called the company and they're closed for the day. Tomorrow I'll give them a ring and find out. I'll post the info here.

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
The pump make and model should be on your invoice along with info on how deep the well is, static level of the water, where the pump is set, what type of pipe, size wire, make and model of your tanks etc. Warranty info for the pump should be on the invoice as well or at least included with the bill.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks