Totally confused- no Totos are MaP Premium?

Users who are viewing this thread

VADawg

Reaction score
THANK YOU to all my toilet fairy godfathers! I'm all set to order 3 Eco Drake Transitionals. It gives me great peace of mind to know that if I don't like the 1.28gpf I can change it to a 1.6. Thank you for that secret!! I think I'm leaning towards the Clayton 1.6 for the master. Although does anyone have any insight if keeping the square, beveled bottom of that toilet is hard to keep clean? (Yes, I'm looking at my husband on that one!). Maybe the Drake's roundness is easier to clean, although I love the look of the Clayton (although it is ~$150+ more expensive). Maybe I should get 4 Drake Transitionals? I want the master bath toilet to be the best functioning and best looking "seat" in the house, though...

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
THANK YOU to all my toilet fairy godfathers! I'm all set to order 3 Eco Drake Transitionals. It gives me great peace of mind to know that if I don't like the 1.28gpf I can change it to a 1.6. Thank you for that secret!! I think I'm leaning towards the Clayton 1.6 for the master. Although does anyone have any insight if keeping the square, beveled bottom of that toilet is hard to keep clean? (Yes, I'm looking at my husband on that one!). Maybe the Drake's roundness is easier to clean, although I love the look of the Clayton (although it is ~$150+ more expensive). Maybe I should get 4 Drake Transitionals? I want the master bath toilet to be the best functioning and best looking "seat" in the house, though...

RE: the beveled base and male users --
I have a Toto with a similar square beveled base and no problems at all with cleaning.

Get what looks good to you. It's good to spend a little time on this purchase, and then only have to do the job once. Too many people settle for a bad toilet that clogs easily, etc. and have to re-do 'em.

Should be a once in a lifetime (or at least once in a whole long while) purchase.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Code in many places calls for the toilet to be caulked at the floor seam, so stuff can't seep underneath. Most require it for the front 3/4, with the back open, some want it all the way around. Use something like PolySeamSeal, which is easier to clean off if you ever need to pull the toilet than silicon.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Code in many places calls for the toilet to be caulked at the floor seam, so stuff can't seep underneath. Most require it for the front 3/4, with the back open, some want it all the way around. Use something like PolySeamSeal, which is easier to clean off if you ever need to pull the toilet than silicon.

Valid points, Jim; I think she was referring to the ease of cleaning the stepped base of the toilet itself.

VADawg

Reaction score
Thank you all!! I think I will go with the Clayton just based on looks (after doing my research for function first, of course!) for my master. I appreciate your feedback, especially Steve W, who has a similar toilet and hasn't had problems with cleaning. I guess $150 more is worth it for looks for my master. I'm hoping to upgrade to a washlet seat soon when my budget allows. That will be the ultimate combo! I tried the whole Toto wash let bidet/airdry/music/air freshener combo in Tokyo and I was hooked. What a pleasant toilet experience, lol!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks