Bolt on wall mounted toilet came out of wall

Users who are viewing this thread

Barry McKaig

Reaction score
When we took the wall mounted unit off the wall, one of the bolts came with it. Is their a special epoxy we can use to help secure it?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
https://terrylove.com/pdf/glenwall_install.pdf

The threaded rod goes into the carrier mounted to the wall studs.
There should be a locking nut that keeps the threaded rod from coming loose in the wall.
If the threaded rod is the correct length, you may be able to expoxy it as a locking measure instead of using the nut.
I've never done that, but it's worth a shot.

glenwall_instruction_1.jpg

Last edited:

Winslow

Plumber
Reaction score
is this a residential toilet or a commercial toilet? Do you mean when you backed off the mounting nut the threaded rod came out with it? You should be able to screw it back in. There should have been a backup nut to lock it in place. Depending on the wall material there also should be an additional nut and washer to prevent the toilet from crushing the wall material. Do you have a picture?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
maxwell_wh_tile_carrier.jpg

Those are threaded rods.
And this isn't really a good example of wall treatment. The tile goes behind the bowl, not cut around it.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; The tile goes behind the bowl, not cut around it.

Whenever possible, I try to have the tile installers leave the "box" inside the bolts untiled. It makes life a lot easier, if not immediately then down the road.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
quote; The tile goes behind the bowl, not cut around it.

Whenever possible, I try to have the tile installers leave the "box" inside the bolts untiled. It makes life a lot easier, if not immediately then down the road.

But when the tile is cut around the bowl, and the new replacement toilet is installed, which is a different pattern, you wind up with gaps.
I don't mind some open space to get at the bolts, which sometimes need to be moved for different bowls depending on flange thickness. I don't like the gap between the tile and the bowl.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks