Hydrocare HC38 Thoughts???

Users who are viewing this thread

Sjsmithjr

In the Trades
Reaction score
Here is the link to the original British Gas case study and paper about the Hydropath technology from August 1992.

http://www.hydrowerksusa.com/Images/Case Studies/CS_BritishGasReport.pdf

I know you think I'm too picky, but that is a link to extracts from the original British Gas Summary Report. You wouldn't happen to have a copy of the original report in English would you? I only have it in German and although I can read it, I wouldn't want to rely on my translation for the purposes of a discussion in a public forum.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Terrydbhm

Reaction score
I know you think I'm too picky, but that is a link to extracts from the original British Gas Report. You wouldn't happen to have a copy of the original report in English would you? I only have it in German and although I can read it, I wouldn't want rely on my translation for the purposes of a discussion in a public forum.

Thanks!

As far as I can find this summary report of 10 pages is the only release that British Gas has made available on public domain. I have made an inquiry to BG to see if they will release the whole repot in English.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Well, I have spent the last few days doing some digging around on the subject of this product with the end result being that I think I will back off on any more criticism. Not because I have had a revelation but rather because it seems that every single credible scientist that has specifically investigated the claims and attempted to publish the results has been threatened with a lawsuit from the manufacturer. How dare you report the truth, we will sue you.

Terrydbhm

Reaction score
Well, I have spent the last few days doing some digging around on the subject of this product with the end result being that I think I will back off on any more criticism. Not because I have had a revelation but rather because it seems that every single credible scientist that has specifically investigated the claims and attempted to publish the results has been threatened with a lawsuit from the manufacturer. How dare you report the truth, we will sue you.

What proof do you have to back up this latest outlandish statement of yours? Which credible scientists have been threatened? Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me:p I think the truth is more that you can not find any scientific evidence that can really debunk the Hydropath technology so in your mind it has to be a conspiracy. :p:p Have fun at the Holiday Inn Express tonight.

gluecan

Reaction score
water softener and cancer risk

I haven't seen that specific model in use but I have seen a few other electronic anti-scale descale devices with wires you wrap around the pipe on both sides of the thing that did change the water.

They caused a white powdery film on surfaces where the water was allowed to evaporate on; shower doors and walls, counters, sinks, they all looked like talcum power was blown all over them.

So IMO there is something to them but no one knows how they do whatever they do to water and none of them do it all the time or in all locations on all different waters.

Someday someone might be doing something and have one of those AHHA! light goes on moments and all will be explained. Like long run out landslides that scientists saw evidence all over the world but said since no one could prove a landslide was responsible, they denied it and ruined careers of those that insisted it was.

Kinda like we thought stomach ulcers were caused by worry etc. until some guy down under finally proved his theory that it was a bacteria, Heliobacter Pylori bacteria to be specific; found in groundwater.

have you read the risk of cancer from water softener and salt if not do some looking around

Terrydbhm

Reaction score
No I haven't. What type of cancer is it? What type of cancer is it?

Can you point me to some info on that?

Gary, I have heard about this claim and it has been made by several whole house filtration dealers who sell a rather expensive carbon filter R/O type of system. Also some PWT product dealers make these claims as well. Hydrocare does not make any claims to this and when I looked into it I could not find any scientific study to back up this claim about salt from water softeners and cancer.

gluecan

Reaction score
Gary, I have heard about this claim and it has been made by several whole house filtration dealers who sell a rather expensive carbon filter R/O type of system. Also some PWT product dealers make these claims as well. Hydrocare does not make any claims to this and when I looked into it I could not find any scientific study to back up this claim about salt from water softeners and cancer.

skin mayo and john hopkin have study reports out

Terrydbhm

Reaction score
skin mayo and john hopkin have study reports out

Gluecan, giving you the benefit of my doubts on this, I Googled both "John Hopkins and Skin Mayo water softener salt cancer". The results that came back were to a couple of vague references to the benefits of soft water (salt) on the skin.:confused::confused:

Please rather than make wild statements on this forum, show the links to the reports that you reference in your posting. Making these unsubstantiated statements adds nothing to your credibility. I know from my own past experience, you need to substantiate and produce verifiable scientific research to be taken seriously here.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
http://forum.hometips.com/showthread.php?t=3643&page=6

Apparently this is not the only forum that this product has been brought up on, with much the same results. Notice, if you decide to visit there that when things start to get heated, all the "newbies" begin posting in defense of the product, expectidly with no proof what so ever. The sad thing here is that this whole scheme seems to revolve around getting the most Google coverage possible and to that end Hydro Path has suceeded.

Terrydbhm

Reaction score

Apparently this is not the only forum that this product has been brought up on, with much the same results. Notice, if you decide to visit there that when things start to get heated, all the "newbies" begin posting in defense of the product, expectidly with no proof what so ever. The sad thing here is that this whole scheme seems to revolve around getting the most Google coverage possible and to that end Hydro Path has suceeded.

Your conspiracy theory goes on and on and on. . . . . We are still waiting for the scientific verifiable proof that you claimed to have that Hydropath doesn't work. Maybe you are afraid of the men in black suits who are following you?

Terrydbhm

Reaction score
Who really is Peter Griffin?

I have had enough from you sir and your wild accusations and statements and can no longer hold my tongue. At least the "newbies" do not hide their true identities behind false names and cartoon characters. Peter Griffin is a character on Family Guy which is the avatar you have. You do not list your location on the forum nor any other information about you that is credible. You spout out conspiracy theories about scientists being threatened from publishing anything that counters the Hydropath technology. Why not show your true identity and agenda and until you do you have absolutely no credibility in this forum or on this subject.

Sjsmithjr

In the Trades
Reaction score
To be fair, Terry, you did insinuate that Caoimhín P. Connell had "been less than truthful in his reported attempts to get the same information" re the OnSpeX report. You also asserted that you thought that the ONSpex legal department should bring libel charges against Mr Connell. And, as with me, you did accuse him of being a plant.

Why do you feel the need to impunge the reputations of those who do not agree with you?

Terrydbhm

Reaction score
To be fair, Terry, you did insinuate that Caoimhín P. Connell had "been less than truthful in his reported attempts to get the same information" re the OnSpeX report. You also asserted that you thought that the ONSpex legal department should bring libel charges against Mr Connell. And, as with me, you did accuse him of being a plant.

Why do you feel the need to impunge the reputations of those who do not agree with you?

Mr Connel made several untruthful statements about his contacting OnSpex, RS jackson and the report but that's another matter.
At least you and Mr Connel are not hiding behind false names and spouting outlandish unsubstantiated conspiracy theories about negative research done on the Hydropath technology.

Last edited:

Sjsmithjr

In the Trades
Reaction score
Mr Connel made several untruthful statements about his contacting OnSpex, RS jackson and the report but that's another matter. Connel also misrepresented his background and occupation.

Those are very serious assertions to make with supporting evidence. Are you sure that a public forum is the appropriate place to make such accusations regarding a professional's ethics?

Terrydbhm

Reaction score
Those are very serious assertions to make with supporting evidence. Are you sure that a public forum is the appropriate place to make such accusations regarding a professional's ethics?

Connel made claims to have talked to Onspex and Hydrocare to get copies of the Onspex report, neither of which had any record of his contacts. He indicated that the failure of Hydrocare to send him the Onspex "secret" report meant that there was something Hydrocare was hiding. He accused me of being a plant from Hydrocare and even that I and another individual who posted his positive results with Hydrocare were probably the same person. He claimed that we were all part of some "sham" on behalf of Hydrocare. He also claimed that I was hiding behind a pseudonym but in that particular forum a "newbie" poster is not allowed to post web sites or emails etc, so I was not hiding behind anything. Connel is a forensic investigator for the police department in Colorado and does investigations into meths labs He is also an expert on indoor mold and air quality. On that forum he was a frequent poster on air quality issues but when he got involved with the Hydrocare questions something outside his norm it really looked like he was a plant or working for some agenda. I have never questioned his business ethics only his motives for getting involved in the discussions. I have deleted in my earlier post the commentd about Connel's background as that was inappropriate as much later in the forum discussion he finally provided some information about work he had done in sewage treatment but again he never provided any information as to whether he had any background in hard water treatment.

Last edited:

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I have had enough from you sir and your wild accusations and statements and can no longer hold my tongue. At least the "newbies" do not hide their true identities behind false names and cartoon characters. Peter Griffin is a character on Family Guy which is the avatar you have. You do not list your location on the forum nor any other information about you that is credible. You spout out conspiracy theories about scientists being threatened from publishing anything that counters the Hydropath technology. Why not show your true identity and agenda and until you do you have absolutely no credibility in this forum or on this subject.

Apparently a nerve has been hit. No, I will not give my name, and for many reasons, not the least of which is opening myself up to a lawsuit from Hydro Path who it seems are more than happy to threaten lawsuits against anyone that dares impune their product. However, I will say that I have the background, the resources and the degree to back up my claims. I'm going to say this one last time. Electric pulses, magnetism radio waves in any or all possible permutations have been used for these products, by multiple companies for many years now. They come and they go. Any chemist, any physicist will tell you that beyond doubt of any sort, NONE of these products or methods have any viable effect on water chemistry whatsoever and in fact all of them make claims that are contrary to the laws of physics, chemistry and the laws of thermo-dynamics. Yes, as Gary has said before, scientist are always learning new things, but they have been investigating these things and experimenting with these processes for close to a hundred years now.
I will however offer an olive branch here, let's say a chance to put the issue to rest. You send me a HydroPath unit. I have 4 gas fired tankless units set up for demonstration purposes that I will test the unit on. I will run 100 gallons of fairly hard water though a unit for 30 days and measure the scale build up pre and post HydroPath, and fairly report the results to the entire world if that is what you would like. I eagerly await your refusal.

Last edited by a moderator:

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I agree with the anonymous posters thing. I think if they are going to "debate" in negatives they should man up and say who what and where they are. Me thinks they trend toward being more honest then.

Hey, how do you know my name is not Peter Griffin? Check the phone book, it's filled with them :D
However, I'll bet more than half of the members here and on other forums do not post their names or addresses because they just don't want to deal with the possible consequences of people harassing them etc.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks