Toto Guinevere Flush Handle

Users who are viewing this thread

SusanD

Reaction score
Today, the flush handle on my almost new Toto Guinevere fell off. I looked at the mechanism under the lid but I can't figure out how to get the handle to stay on the lever and I can't find a diagram to look at. Am I missing a washer? Something else? What do I need to do to get the handle to go back onto the lever and stay on tightly? Thanks for any advice!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Susan,
TOTO will send out a new handle.

Just give their tech support a call.
It's THU231#CP if it's chrome

thu213.jpg

Last edited:

Craig99

Reaction score
I've had two Guinevere's for 10 months now. The plastic nut holding the handle on broke in half on one of mine also. Had to buy offbrand handle and use the nut from it to fix it. The nuts are either defective on some or put on tighter than need be from factory. Otherwise, no problems, no clogs.

Glnow

Reaction score
I've had my one-piece Guinevere going on 3.5 years. I love it, never clogged once thus far. The only problem I have is that sometimes the internal brass rod sticks a little when the handle is lifted.

It's not that bad, it's only stayed in the lifted postion (leaving the flapper up) a couple of times*. But still it feels that there is more friction than when I bought it and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

*And even then, it was flushed by guests who probably lifted the handle higher than needed.

Last edited:

Craig99

Reaction score
One of my Guinevere's does the same thing. I put some oil on it and solved it most of the time. Iv'e ordered a new handle from Toto. The brass rod is to short coming out of the threaded area of the handle and when you pull the handle all the way up, it rotates at a closer angle and jams. The rod should have been extended out another 1/4 inch or more. It is a very tight bend to try and reshape it by hand.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks