How to get rid of crab grass

Users who are viewing this thread

Coopns

Reaction score
I have quite a bit of crab grass. I saw one product that I could hook up to the hose, any recommendations?

Thanks.

Cygarbuff

Reaction score
what state are you in? Crabgrass is an annual and will die at first frost. If you can't wait buy a product called "drive". It will kill the crabgrass and broadleaf weeds without harming the grass. Before the crabgrass dies each year around fall time when your crab grass starts to have a tint of purple to it that is the seeds from the crabgrass working it's way to the top of the grass blade and ready to drop into your soil for germination next spring. The cycle starts all over again. Cut your grass a little shorter when you see it turning slightly purple and bag those clippings (crabgrass seeds) and dump them. If you muclh you will just be adding them back into the soil. I would recommend aerate and overseed this fall as well so when the crabgrass dies you will fill those voids with new fresh grass. Good luck

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Crabgrass can be controlled in the spring with a product that will prevent seeds from germinating. Problem with this is it will prevent ALL seeds from germinating, but it does work. You can also kill it as previously described in the fall. A combination of both fall and spring control would likely be the ideal.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks