Recent content by Zunden

1. Zunden

comparing electric motors

ballvalve, Thanks for the update and link to Grainger. The 8 amp motor at Grainger is a 5-speed; my system specs a 3-speed. HVAC forums advised me that 5-speed motors will work, including more efficient and expensive ECM motors, but questioned the actual savings and the practicality of...
  2. Zunden

hj, That's good news. I stumbled onto the highest amp motor – the Toptech TT-E75-3SP1(11.3 amp) which had been advertised as “GE.” The TopTech packaging cross-referenced the following motors AO Smith DL1076(8.9 amp), Fasco D728(10.5 amp), Emerson 8904(9.1 amp), Marathon X009(10.3 amp), Mars...
  3. Zunden

I've been shopping cross-referenced ¾ hp blower motors and noticed that they vary in full-load current between 8.9 amps and 11.3 amps. They all are labeled for 1075 rpm and require 15/370 run capacitors. Is the difference in amps significant? Thanks.
  4. Zunden

final questions on manual transfer switch

I have incorporated the advice in my previous thread on installing a manual transfer switch(Gen-Tran 60 amp utility feed/30 amp generator supply) into a detailed description of work, and have four remaining questions: When I remove a circuit's NM-B from the left service panel(because the...
  5. Zunden

installing non-automatic transfer switch

thanks Jwelectric - I have carefully read your final advisory and will use it. Thanks again for your generous advice.
  6. Zunden

will do drick - I will move the two left panel circuits to the right panel with the feeder breaker, as you advise. Thank you for catching this safety issue. I would hope that my county's permit office would have done so, but who knows? Thanks also for checking my generator capacity. I...
  7. Zunden

more information on main panels and transfer switch jwelectric - I do have the series of transfer switch shown. My model is the 301660. It has interlocked 60 and 30 amp breakers provided by Gen-Tran and space for 8 full-size, single-pole breakers or 4 double-pole. On page 3, Gen-Tran...
  8. Zunden

thanks; some final questions drick - Thank you much for your answers and advice. In regard to moving emergency powered circuits into one main panel holding the feeder breaker: Existing circuit wiring would require me to extend the NM-B for at least one circuit using a junction box, I...
  9. Zunden

Thanks again. jwelectric - Your follow-up explanation helps a lot. Perhaps I can identify my remaining misunderstandings most quickly by describing my best guess for the neutral and ground wiring of both my furnace circuit via a transfer switch and my generator: 1. Disconnect the furnace...
  10. Zunden

Thanks to jwelectric Jwelectric – I really appreciate your warnings and advice. I could certainly get through a power outage with drop cords. Would this mean installing a plug and receptacle in my furnace and well pump circuits? After hours of reading and considering online...
  11. Zunden

I have questions about installing a Gen-Tran, 30 amp, non-automatic transfer switch, #301660, just to the right of two, C-H 200 amp service panels(400 amp service) on my basement concrete wall. My 60 amp feeder breaker goes in the right service panel. I want to provide emergency service to my...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks