Recent content by ZoneIII

1. ZoneIII

Question about WellMate pressure tank

Yes, I realize that if no air comes out of the valve, that doesn't prove that the bladder is good. But it would prove that the bladder is bad if water did come out. So one result of the test would be conclusive and one result would be inconclusive. That makes it worth doing. BTW, my...
  2. ZoneIII

Question about WellMate pressure tank

You folks were so helpful when I had a question previously so I hope you can help with this. My daughter and son-in-law just bought a house. It's a large house, about 15 years old, with four full baths, a sprinkler system, etc., and it has a big WellMate WM35-WB pressure tank (120 gallons)...
  3. ZoneIII

Well pumping up lots of black stuff. Filter needs changing every 5-7 days.

Justwater: I agree with you. The idea of doing drastic things with special filters and tanks that doesn't fix the problem but, rather, just let's me live with it doesn't make sense to me. I looked up centrifugal filters and if the one mentioned in this thread is the type I found,that is out...
  4. ZoneIII

Thanks Porky! I'll check out the valve you mentioned. The good news is that the stuff is not making it into the hot water heater. It's all being caught in my whole house filter which is installed after the pressure tank but before the water softener so the debris does pass through my new...
  5. ZoneIII

Last fall, my whole house filters suddenly started to become filthy in a matter of a few days. Before then, I would change them every 3 to 4 months as routine maintenance but they were never clogged. At first, I thought that my old Sears bladder pressure tank had gone bad and the crud might...
  6. ZoneIII

Need advice on plumbing new pressure tank.

Sorry! I deleted the text of my post because I found an answer to my question and I don't see a way to delete the images or the post itself. Please delete. Sorry for any inconvenience.
  7. ZoneIII

Pump has pressure but no water

"The pump shows proper pressure" I'm wondering if he means that the pressure tank has "proper pressure." I'm certainly no expert but, as valveman said, if you have proper pressure, you have to have water flow unless there is a blockage.
  8. ZoneIII

Really dumb pipe questions...

Thanks for all the useful replies. As far as practicing with sweat fitting, believe it or not, I have done quite a bit of sweat fitting in my time. It may seem funny because of my basic questions but I'm pretty much an all-around handyman. In fact, I do just about everything up to and...
  9. ZoneIII

Thanks for the replies! I'm going to edit my original question to ask about PVC pipe. I was suprised to find a website that recommends using that. I didn't think I could use PVC for this purpose. If I can, that would be great and much easier. Is PVC OK for this installation?
  10. ZoneIII

These questions are dumb so please don't laugh too hard. ;) I'm replacing my well pressure tank and the related plumbing. My existing indoor plumbing to the pressure tank is galvanized pipe but it is pretty rusty so I was thinking of replacing it with brass. Then I read here that plumbing...
  11. ZoneIII

Very basic question about well pressure tanks...

(Removed accidentally edited post but have to post some text so this is accepted.)
  12. ZoneIII

"And frankly, I do not believe your bag lasted 25 years. Unless you closed the well for 20 years." You're right! I just went out to my shop and got my receipt. It turns out that I have had the tank for just over 20 years (not 25) and it failed almost precisely at the 20 year point. My well...
  13. ZoneIII

Thanks, LLIgetfa. I really do like the idea of a rust-free tank for my application and I also like the idea of having a replaceable bladder. The bladder on my current tank is replaceable too but the metal tank is in bad shape so that doesn't do me any good. I didn't know that there were...
  14. ZoneIII

I will be buying a new well pressure tank and I wanted to get some advice on what brand to buy. There are so many that I don't know which ones are good and not so good. The name Well X-Trol and Flexcon have come up but so have many others. I don't like to skimp on things like this so I wanted...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks