Recent content by Zerocool749

1. Zerocool749

DIY PEX Bathroom. How'd I do? Seeking Advice!

Haha, yeah, exactly, I'm trying to avoid those sinks with drawers. Looks great in the picture, which coincidently doesn't show the drainline and trap hooked up.
  2. Zerocool749

Yep! That's the plan. Install an AAV accessible in the sink cabinet. I'll pick out a sink that will give enough room to fit an AAV. Thanks Terry for taking the time to look at this, appreciate it!
  3. Zerocool749

Hi everyone, I recently used PEX to run my hot and cold supply to my basement bathroom. I'd love to get your advice and tips on where I did well and where I made some mistakes. :) Help, before I close this up with drywall and Kerdiboard! Just a few things to know: 1. For every connection I...
  4. Zerocool749

Oatey No Caulk Drain - Installation Question

Damn that is a good idea. It's in basement, so I did put a bed of mortar under the shower base including near the PVC drain, so I'm pretty sure that thing ain't moving.
  5. Zerocool749

Oatey No Caulk Drain - Installation Question

This week I installed a Oatey No-Caulk drain for my basement shower. This pan and PVC pipe is mortared in. Cutting the PVC drain pipe at the perfect height was difficult and I think I cut it about 1/16" too short. When I push the rubber gasket down, it stays just above the lip of the PVC drain...
  6. Zerocool749

Shower Base flexes after mortar bed installation. Advice?

Hi everyone! A couple days ago, I used everyone's advice and fixed the problem! I cut a notch in my bottom plate, filled a mortar bag, and backfilled under the shower base. I left the pan flexed up and filled with mortar for support. Now, it is rock solid when I step in the area. The back area...
  7. Zerocool749

Okay, thanks all! Jeff, I'll follow your advice. Reach, this is my basement so I can't reach underneath but I can reach from the side between studs. I can get tip of mortar bag pretty far in. Jadnashua, thanks I won't make it too watery! I'll follow package.
  8. Zerocool749

Thank you for the advice. I will make mortar with additional water so it flows easier, like cake batter instead of peanut butter. I will make sure not to exceed the maximum amount of water the package describes. If you have any recommendations for a least viscous mortar or filler cement, I'd...
  9. Zerocool749

Yes, exactly. Either it wasn't 1" or thick enough everywhere or it rebounded as I pressed down. The question is, what do I do now, lol. I'm going to try to add more mortar first, then screw pan to studs. If neither works, I guess I rip it out and start over. That will suck.
  10. Zerocool749

Thanks for reading this Terry. Yes, I can push mortar mix under the pan. I had a couple questions on that: Should I use more mortar or expanding cement? Do I leave the pan flexed up while I push mix under pan? Or do I try to hold or weight the pan down while I push mortar under? I think I...
  11. Zerocool749

Hi Sylvan, I'm not sure how sheet lead or a new shower base would help this problem. Hi Breplum, thanks for another option with the screws! For the Rocktite Cement, did you mean expanding instead of non-expanding? The Rocktite cement does expand -...
  12. Zerocool749

Hi everyone, Yesterday I installed an acrylic shower base, Dreamline Slimline, on my concrete basement slab. My floor was not level, so this is what I did: 1. I hot glued composite shims to the cement floor where the shower bases circular support rings would contact the cement. Hot glue was...
  13. Zerocool749

Copper To PEX New Basement Shower - Advice?

The outside diameter of the copper hot and cold lines feeding the existing bathroom are 7/8", so I think it's a copper pipe size of 3/4" Based on what you said, I should be fine? Also, the issue you're describing is when both showers are running at the same time, right? That could happen, yes...
  14. Zerocool749

Copper To PEX New Basement Shower - Advice?

Hi everyone, I'm adding a three piece bathroom to my basement and I'm planning how to branch off my existing copper supply to feed my new bathroom shower, toilet, and sink. Luckily, I have the hot and cold for my upstairs bathroom located right near where I am adding this bathroom in the...
  15. Zerocool749

Fix broken PVC pipe in basement concrete

Hi all, thank you for the help! The ram bit / fitting saver worked great. I used that to get down to the 90' elbow. Then I used a dremel to clean up the sides so the new 2" PVC pipe would fit. It's all fixed now and appreciate the help. I never would have thought of that tool on my own.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks