Recent content by Zenman

1. Zenman

Ledger board for a Cast iron tub?

Glad I could be of service :D
  2. Zenman

I have installed two cast iron tubs in my home. I'm sure I took longer than a licensed plumber would, but that wasn't important to me. With the first tub, I called and emailed Kohler's tech support and got help from them. And had them verify the ledger issue. Shims were easy to install on the...
  3. Zenman

No I did not - as per manufacture's instructions. See warning and link above.
  4. Zenman

I installed the Kohler Villager several years ago. The instructions specifically said NOT to install a ledger - so I didn't. http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/1084177_2.pdf see page 3 for the warning
  5. Zenman

How many lights on a 15 amp breaker

Thanks for the reply. And yes I'm in the US.
  6. Zenman

Ok... I thought I remembered hearing an 80\20 rule on this but wasn't sure... I do have some florescent fixtures, so I'll look into that as well. Thanks!
  7. Zenman

Redoing the basement lighting circuit. Is there a code or general rule of thumb when it comes to how many lights can be put on a 15 amp circuit? I am familiar with how to convert between watts and amps. And I know how to figure out how many 100 watt bulbs can be on simultaneously before blowing...
  8. Zenman

Warning on corrugated toilet shutoff valve

What are your (or anyone's) thoughts on soldered shut offs versus compression or nipples. (I see Ian likes nipples)
  9. Zenman

Central Air: Attic Ductwork Layout for Single Zone.

Thanks for the reply... looks like I have some research to do. :)
  10. Zenman

Central Air: Attic Ductwork Layout for Single Zone.

unconditioned attic space with HVAC in NJ Wow a lot of information here, I have a somewhat similar situation... Thanks to the original poster and all the contributions. Here is my situation; I have a gas furnace (~80%) forced hot air and AC in the attic. It is an unconditioned space and in...
  11. Zenman

plumbing over electric panel

OK... from that it seems that no supply lines directly above the panel are allowed. It doesn't specify a distance in front of the the panel, so I guess as long there is some separation I should be good. I was going to be at least 28 inches in front of the panel (if not more), AND above 6 feet...
  12. Zenman

Thanks for the replies so far... This is in the basement. The panel is against the wall and the supply is 6 inches above the top of the panel and 12 inches in front of it. I was going move it over at least one joist bay (16 inches + the original 12 inches = 28 inches in front of the panel, and...
  13. Zenman

Is there a restriction on how close the water supply lines can be to the electric service panel? Currently the water supply runs directly above the main panel and I'm doing some renovations and have to move the supply line. So when I replace the line, is there some minimum distance that I need...
  14. Zenman

Moving water supply line

Thanks for your input. Yes a residential home, with no water supply problems as is. I just need to move the supply line over one joist bay because it is in the way of the new bathroom drain pipes (3 inch PVC). So I figured if I needed to move it this would be the best time to up-size it - but...
  15. Zenman

Moving water supply line

Ha! (or should I say LOL!) No, I did it in Microsoft Paint. I havent had a chance to play with Google Sketchup. I downloaded and installed it a year or two ago. I tried to use it once, but didnt have time to figure it out. In this case Microsoft Paint was much faster for me to draw in.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks