Recent content by Yuck

1. Y

Sewer odor in house

We think we found the problem....it's the basement floor drain after all. We plugged it up with an old towel, since the odor did seem to be coming from that area of the basement. So far, no more odor. Thing is, that drain is supposedly run out from the house, past the drain field and out into a...
  2. Y

Sewer odor

Do you mean a break in a drain pipe or in the vent? I was wondering that too. If it's in a drain pipe it could be easy to fix - of course if the break is in the basement. If not.... oh no....start tearing out walls?
  3. Y

Sewer odor

I see that people have viewed my post, but nobody has come to the rescue yet..... Any advice on well/water problems that could cause a sewer odor in my house? Today there was NO odor at all! Two things were done differently than normal. One was that the water had gone hard and we didn't know...
  4. Y

Sewer odor

I was directed to this forum by some people on the plumbing forum. So here goes..... We're having a problem with intermittant sewer odor in our home. It usually happens after we've used large amounts of water, such as showering and laundry. It doesn't start right away, but several minutes after...
  5. Y

Sewer odor in house

Ok, will check that trap. We do live in Michigan, so our furnace is still running. Well, kinda, cuz we just installed a new corn heater in our living room today. So hopefully the furnace can have a break and so can our wallets when it comes to propane! But that's another subject....... The...
  6. Y

Sewer odor in house

The condensate tubes...... the furnace, the water heater, and the water softener all drain into the same drain pipe..... through an opening in the top of the pipe. There is a trap though. But could be something is syphoning out that trap. Also, since it's been winter, I haven't used the...
  7. Y

Sewer odor in house

Yes, we have well water. It's very hard water, so we also have a softener. I was wondering about the rotten egg smell from the water heater's rod, but I dunno why it would smell in the basement. We used to get that odor from the kitchen sink faucet when we first moved here, but either it doesn't...
  8. Y

Sewer odor in house

We've been getting an intermittant sewer odor in our house for the past several months. Before we call a plumber, we'd like to know if there's anything that we can do ourselves. So far we've checked the floor drain in the basement, and after talking to our neighbors, who used to live here, it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks