Recent content by yoyoma

1. yoyoma

Does this Tub have a Mortar Bed?

I went back to check on it, and squeezed my hand underneath the front right section next to the drain, and there is no mortar bed there. Is this normal? However, I took another photo which does show a mortar bed: So I guess everything is copacetic.
  2. yoyoma

Can you tell whether there is a mortar bed in there based on the photo?
  3. yoyoma

It's a Maax Modest: http://www.maax.com/en/Products/ProductInfo.aspx?Brand=8&CodeCategory=B&ProductType=1&Product=288 This is what the instruction manual states: "To provide additional support, improve soundproofing and facilitate leveling, it is recommended that a layer of mortar or...
  4. yoyoma

Can anyone tell me whether this tub has a mortar bed judging from the photo? I don't have access so stuck my camera through the side and took this photo: Thanks.
  5. yoyoma

Tub/Shower Valve Height

Yes. Is that bad? OK, so I'm only off by 6" then. Not as bad. I was thinking of doing that, but then where the hose would bend would cross the valve trim a bit. (assuming using a wall bar with handheld shower at lowest height) I have the valve offset to the right side since there will be...
  6. yoyoma

Confused about mortar under tubs...

Well, there is a plywood-type bottom plank underneath the bottom of the tub, but maybe that's just done for packaging. Not sure. I think this may be a misunderstanding because the plumber's assistant doesn't speak English well. It's times like these that I wish my GC used native English speaking...
  7. yoyoma

Tub/Shower Valve Height

Ah, so I messed up. I hope I didn't also mess up by putting the outlet for the hose 12" below the valve. Is that normal?
  8. yoyoma

Tub/Shower Valve Height

The plumber asked me what I wanted and I said make it 48" high. It's a hansgrohe thermobalance II for tub and handshower. My thinking was that the bath is rarely used, and when it's used it's to initially fill it up, and then access to the valve would not be needed once in the tub. Is it weird...
  9. yoyoma

The question is how do I know the good plumber from the bad one? This plumber came on the recommendation of my GC so I used him. He's going to be back tomorrow to do the tub install and I won't be there unfortunately. I hope I'll be able to determine whether a mortar pad was installed even...
  10. yoyoma

My plumber's assistant said he was not going to do a mortar bed when I asked him. Said it's not necessary since it's going to be supported by the 2x4s on the long side of the alcove. I checked the installation manual and nowhere did it mention mortar beds. So I called Maax up and they said it's...
  11. yoyoma

Toto Washlet Outlet Location

Is the cord on the right side? If I put the outlet on the right side is the cord retractable so the unused part is tucked away? Thanks.
  12. yoyoma

Toto Washlet Outlet Location

I'm thinking of getting a Toto washlet but don't have a nearby outlet. Should I put the new outlet on the left or right side of the toilet? Thanks.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks