Recent content by xnaron

1. xnaron

wax ring regular or extended?

Thanks...the builder installed it that way...the flange top was level with the finished floor. Luckily it never leaked in the 7 years we've been here. I am sure all the other toilets in the house are wrong too but so far no leaks. I just re-did the flange with the thicker one meant for tiled...
  2. xnaron

wax ring regular or extended?

I just removed the toilet in our bathroom so it could be cleaned underneath and then caulked as it was starting to stink. The floor is osb and the flange is attached to it. There is a sub floor of about 1/4" that isn't under the flange ( sub floor cut around flange installed after flange was...
  3. xnaron

Tank to toilet gasket with two holes on side to hold tank

thanks good to know...makes me feel better about the last one that doesn't have the nuts underneath.
  4. xnaron

I replaced the flush valve with new units in two of the toilets and used new foam gaskets and new bolts and washers. Got them both put back together and I put some die into the tanks to check for leaks. 20 minutes later I see the die in the bowl??? What gives...trying another flapper but yeesh...
  5. xnaron

Thanks very much...When my house was built the economy was starting to boom and I'm not sure an actual plumber came and installed all the toilets. I looked at the other ones and they are missing the nut between the tank and the toilet. I'm surprised they haven't leaked. Unless this Briggs...
  6. xnaron

The gasket is shot...the toilet is 5 years old. I tried to reuse it and it leaked. I bought a fluidmaster flush valve to try and the gasket doesn't fit it. I can see now that the only purpose the ears server is to hold the bolts in the tank so it is a little easier to attach the tank to the...
  7. xnaron

I've got what I thought were american standard toilets (labels wore off) but the inside of the tank is stamped Briggs. I've got two cracked flush valve stems and need to replace. I took the tank off and noticed the tank to toilet gasket has two ears which the bolts that hold the tank to the...
  8. xnaron

TOTO Drake: Should the tank lid be level

Thanks. Mine angles the same way.
  9. xnaron

Here is a pic... ok no pic...need to resize it...
  10. xnaron

The tank lid on my toto drake is not level with respect to the toilet. It tilts at an angle towards the bowl. If you look at the lid you can see it is casted at an angle which I assume is intentional. I installed my tank following the instructions and it is sitting properly on the three mount...
  11. xnaron

ARGH! I'm an idiot....broke my closet flange

I am definitely willing to try this first. Can you post a link to the lennox you are suggesting I try. I want to make sure I try the right thing. I searched online and can't find a pic. thanks, Brendin
  12. xnaron

I have talked to people at local plumbing shops and they suggest it is possible to cut the inside flange vertically into quarters and then use a slim chisel to seperate the inside quarter sections from the abs pipe. Anyone do this before?
  13. xnaron

Its a flush mount floor flange. I don't think I can slip anything under it without have to cut it to make room. Unless I am missing the obvious here (which isn't out of the question being the genious who over tightened the bolts :) ). Brendin
  14. xnaron

I think I'm leaning toward reaming it out and installing a new closet flange. If I can't find a reamer to rent I'll either repair it with the flange repair kit you mention or drill out some holes in the concrete and anchor the closet bolts right into some plastic anchors. Man this really...
  15. xnaron

Sigh...I over tightened one of the bolts on my closet flange and broke the abs flange at the bolt mount (at least I didn't break the toilet). The flange is an inside flush mount flange that goes into a 4" ABS pipe mounted in a concrete floor. At this point I think I have two options. 1. Drill...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks