Recent content by XmagooX

1. XmagooX

Bathroom Remodel Wiring Question

It turns out it was relatively easy to run a new cable and just cap off what was in the conduit, so that's what I did. I knew I could figure out how to make it work, but I wanted to make sure it was right, and now I'm confident it is. Thanks to everyone for their input.
  2. XmagooX

Just to clarify, per my very first schematic (in post #5), the only wires running in conduit are the power coming from the panel to the ceiling (red/white) and the red/blue from the ceiling to the switch. Everything else is 12/2. If I understand correctly, it sounds like this is what you are...
  3. XmagooX

kreemoweet, are you referring to my most recent schematic? Because the 12/2 that is currently in the switch box has the neutral capped off, so if I run that to my first sconce instead of the ceiling light, the neutral won't go anywhere. Your comment only works if I replace the existing red and...
  4. XmagooX

Jim, there is a tab on the side of the switch that hasn't been removed, so the red wire is providing power to both switches. JW, is this the routing you are proposing with the new 3-wire cable? Unfortunately, the blue and red wires are running inside of a metal conduit, so they would be the...
  5. XmagooX

If I run a 12/2 cable from sconce box #1 to the ceiling junction box, connect the white to the existing whites and the black to the black coming from the switch. Then run another 12/2 between sconce box #1 and sconce box #2, pigtail blacks to blacks, whites to whites in box 1, connect to sconce...
  6. XmagooX

Here is a wiring diagram of what I have. The box where the ceiling light mounts is a junction box. If I connect the black wire from the sconce to the lower switch, then I still need a neutral to come into the white wire on the sconce. Can I just run a white wire from the junction box to the...
  7. XmagooX

No knob and tube, all modern wiring. I removed the wiring downstream of the switch that lead to the fan light, but still have the switch and the load which now goes nowhere. I figured if I just said I have a switch that doesn't control anything right now, I would get questions, so that's why I...
  8. XmagooX

I am in the process of remodeling my bathroom, and am working on the electrical. All of the walls are open, so access is good if I need to run new cable. There are two circuits in the bathroom, one 15A that powers the fan/light combo, the other is a 20A that powers the outlets and ceiling...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks