Recent content by xj-boonie

1. X

Claw foot tub question

Excuse me, but you post isn't very clear. Are you saying that the enamel urethane finish will peel off? Also, very much dought that a tub a farmer waters his stock with would be in better condition than the one I have, at least based on the farms I've visited (both my parents grew up on...
  2. X

Claw foot tub question

Thanks! Checking with local companies, most seem to use a enamel finish or a urethane or polyurethane. Thoughts on those? We haven't found one that does a porcelain finish yet. My wife also found this bath tub and might be leaning that way. Any issues with an acrylic tub? Thanks! Mike
  3. X

Claw foot tub question

My house was built in 1890, and was remodeled down to the studs about 16-17 years ago. It's got a claw foot tub in the upstairs bathroom that the finish is starting to crack/peal, plus the outside was finished in some textured paint. We want to redo the bathroom as the wallpaper and fixtures...
  4. X

closet flange and new floor

So I'm redoing the floor in my bathroom, and the closet flange (PVC) is attached to a 1/2" plywood subfloor. It had 5/8" plywood stapled to the subfloor and vinyl glued to that, which I removed. I'm planning on putting down 1/2" plywood then 1/4" backerboard for tile. My question is what to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks