Recent content by Xander Fulton

1. Xander Fulton

K-2976 Showerhead water flow vastly lower after remodel adds twin ell

So I found a hose I could use to run off the stops, directly (removing the stop, essentially, although leaving its filter screen in place). I find 4.75 GPM coming out of the hot water line at that stop, and 5.5 GPM coming out of the cold water line. Feels like I should be getting more than the...
  2. Xander Fulton

The thing that is throwing me about this is the performance being so low. Theoretically, without the Twin Ell and showerhead - IE., used as ONLY a tub faucet - this installation is mostly correct. When used ONLY as a tub faucet, the instructions call for the bottom port to be used, and top...
  3. Xander Fulton

Ah, no - the top control is the output (on/off flow regulator) only. The bottom control is the hot/cold balance - not a diverter, it's strictly the thermostatic control. So the diverter spout with a Twin Ell is still required to redirect pressure back to the shower head. I mean, yeah...I have...
  4. Xander Fulton

In talking with the folks at Kohler, they've given us some things to try - check the stops for blockage (which did have a lot of junk on the filters), replace the control valve (part 1045321), verify the temperature control, etc. None of which made any difference. It's definitely been an...
  5. Xander Fulton

Searching around on Google for this topic keeps bringing me to threads on this forum, although in reviewing them none seem to be exactly what I'm experiencing. So, time to create an account and ask, I guess! In a tearing-the-bathroom-down-to-the-studs remodel, we went with a Kohler...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks