Recent content by wsjp

1. wsjp

Mysterious yellow tinted water??

Got new valve installed yesterday and did a backwash for about 20 minutes. Everything cleared up and soft water returned with no issue. I will order the gac and be done with it for now. Thanks all!
  2. wsjp

Got around to vacuuming out the carbon from the tank. Reassembly did not go so well. I am not sure if the phenolic valve split a seam when the system was repressurizing, but I used new washers for the autotrol bypass valve and for some reason one side kept leaking. I took it apart and reseated...
  3. wsjp

This muni has been using chloramines on a 6 month on/off cycle for years. Not sure why they switch, but they do every spring. I appreciate the info I will look into a source of CC. I dont think there has been much of a reduction in flow over the last 8 years. I am going to test the sludge to see...
  4. wsjp

From the invoice I can tell you this: "1/2 Cu Ft High Activity Carbon, 1 Cu Ft 8% cross linked High Capacity Resin" I doubt that it was catalytic carbon and we do switch to chloramines for half the year. Do you think this is caused by the charcoal or should I still try the "iron out" cleaner...
  5. wsjp

The unit does have carbon media in the top chamber I believe and resin in the bottom. To answer your question Bannerman, I haven't found any resources on how to replace the media and resin on a unit like this so I am thinking that 8 years on chlorinated city water maybe close to the lifespan of...
  6. wsjp

Very possible. I was thinking of getting some iron out to see if the sediment that settled is excess iron before having to replace the entire unit.
  7. wsjp

I took a sample of the dirty water and let it sit since Sunday. It honestly looks like dirt. What's the best way of cleaning the system? (I took some photos, but the website wouldn't allow flickr hosting?)
  8. wsjp

Hello all, I have a 10x54 Vortech midplate resin tank with a 760/268 autotrol controller on city water. The Mrs. said that the water has not been soft for awhile, and honestly by the time I got round to it, it had been several months. When the unit regenerated it started to overflow the brine...
  9. wsjp

Vortech and mid vortech - Recommendations please.

Aside from designing ideal systems, I really need a real world solution! LOL the mrs. is getting tired of hard water... Does anyone have a resource for ordering tanks online? I have searched through several pages of google results, but I am having a hard time finding the odd sizes I would...
  10. wsjp

I understand where your coming from. I figured out why most places use the same stacked one on top of the other - ease of handling and shipping. Odd sizes are harder to box and more subject to damage while in transit. Can you point me to an internet source for odd sizes of media tanks?
  11. wsjp

Unfortunately, the system was tossed as it was making a mess everywhere. It looks like this: So, Dittohead, if I am reading you correctly, I can still accomplish what I am trying to achieve by simply finding smaller tanks, in this case I need to find two 10x30 tanks. Why did you use smaller...
  12. wsjp

Hi all, I am replacing my existing water softener due to a crack. I had an old system that was a dual tank setup, from pentair. It was one tank stacked on top of the other tank, threaded together. The threaded area started to leak after 5+ years of service. After tightening, the threads sheared...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks