WorthFlorida's Recent Activity

1. WorthFlorida replied to the thread Do furnaces have MSRP? Got scammed(?) and need to know what unit is worth.

Ducane is a subsidiary of Lennox, Ameristar is a subsidiary of Trane

May 26, 2020 at 3:32 PM
  2. WorthFlorida replied to the thread Do furnaces have MSRP? Got scammed(?) and need to know what unit is worth.

Google: "price for Ducane 95G2DF090CV20" How much does a ducane furnace cost? Ducane Gas Furnace Prices By Model Models Unit Only Unit...

May 26, 2020 at 1:10 PM
  3. WorthFlorida replied to the thread Do furnaces have MSRP? Got scammed(?) and need to know what unit is worth.

I do not know the answer but MSRP means nothing, it's the cost to the contractor. Most HVAC systems are sold by a local supplier (county...

May 26, 2020 at 1:05 PM
  4. WorthFlorida replied to the thread Zone won't shut off.

The stone could have been in there since day one or when a sprinkler head was changed and the stone fell in. Alway flush the pipes after...

May 26, 2020 at 12:34 PM
  5. WorthFlorida replied to the thread My garage is electrically charged w/120v!!.

A grounded outlet, non GFCI provides the path to ground. Problem is it is not enough current to trip a circuit breaker. Plugging the GDO...

May 25, 2020 at 2:02 PM
  6. WorthFlorida replied to the thread Sewer gas smell.

Is there an outside utility closet that might have a water heater and anything else?

May 25, 2020 at 12:10 PM
  7. WorthFlorida replied to the thread How would a pro plumb this Roman tub faucet?.

Nice, but I would not have placed concrete in the hole. Maybe a dry mix to help seal it. If a drainage issue should ever occur, more...

May 25, 2020 at 11:43 AM
  8. WorthFlorida replied to the thread Sewer gas smell.

The hose might be from a water softener? Everything said it could be an illegal apartment and things like plumbing may be hacked in....

May 25, 2020 at 11:26 AM
  9. WorthFlorida replied to the thread My garage is electrically charged w/120v!!.

You should not have any power on the ground side of any three wire appliance. If you do there is a short inside the GDO. Replace the...

May 25, 2020 at 8:39 AM
  10. WorthFlorida replied to the thread Sewer gas smell.

That strange hose is a dishwasher drain line connected to the tail piece of the sink. Opening the window and probably there is a breeze...

May 25, 2020 at 8:21 AM
  11. WorthFlorida replied to the thread BATHROOM SINK WON'T DRAIN.

Drano never works, only on cooking grease lined traps it might help. Older California homes have galvanized steel drain pipes. If you...

May 25, 2020 at 8:09 AM
  12. WorthFlorida replied to the thread Is this the correct way to use a torch?.

??? He was wearing a welding helmet and got smacked squarely on it. Still probably go a good headache out of it. :confused:

May 24, 2020 at 12:18 PM
  13. WorthFlorida replied to the thread So I went with the promenade, why loud?.

There is just too much pressure from the supply line. Why some toilets do not make more noise than others is a strange mystery. LI...

May 24, 2020 at 12:15 PM
  14. WorthFlorida replied to the thread So I went with the promenade, why loud?.

I got caught on this issue several times. I even changed out the entire tank components the first time trying to find a leak. The water...

May 24, 2020 at 12:05 PM
  15. WorthFlorida replied to the thread Under basement slab: should I assume there's a trap or do I need to install?.

A one year old home and if it is a a new development, it takes awhile for the groundwater to drop. If there are little or no established...

May 24, 2020 at 12:00 PM