Recent content by woodguy00

1. woodguy00

Brown water morning after regeneration cycle

The regeneration cycle ran last night with the longer backwash and rapid rinse. There was still a bit of brown in the water but it cleared after running water for only a couple minutes.
  2. woodguy00

I've had the issue pretty much since I bought the new softener system. Could it have gotten fowled so quickly? I've not noticed a salty taste after regeneration.
  3. woodguy00

I changed the BW and RR as suggested by AKPSDVAN. Hopefully the details of lab test are readable: Analysis Units Recommended Limits Analysis Results Total Coliform /100ml 0 0 pH pH units 6.5 - 8.5 7.11 Specific Cond umhos/cm 500...
  4. woodguy00

Hello again, Last spring I had we purchased a house in MA. Our well water was lab tested with the following results: Coliform negative ph: 7.11 Sodium 38 mg/l Total Iron .41 mg/l Manganese .12 mg/l Total Hardness 277 mg/l Alkalinity 147 mg/l Chloride 115 Turbidity 7.1 Free CO2 92...
  5. woodguy00

Recommendations for system

OK, I think I'm finally getting it! Thanks for everyone's help. I will set my BF to 8 minutes for a 8 lbs/ cu ft salt dose. Does the 30K capacity setting for a 5-6 day regen cycle make sense for my brown water issue? Do any other setting look problematic?
  6. woodguy00

Thanks Dittohead - sorry i missed the question in your earlier post. I have the black sticker with silver print. It says .5
  7. woodguy00

Thanks for the constructive advice. I'm struggling with how you program the lbs of salt per ft3 each regen as I followed the programming guide supplied by Ohio Pure Water to get my settings. I thought the unit size at 48K was the correct setting. I then reset it to 36K but after more...
  8. woodguy00

OK here are my present settings on the 5600 SXT: DF / GAL VT/DF 1b CT/FD NT/1 C / 48 1 1/2 cu ft unit purchased H /18 I changed it from 16 where it was before. 277 PPM hardness + .41 PPM iron + .12 PPM mang Is 18 correct? SF / 20 DO / 6 I changed from a prior...
  9. woodguy00

A/C recommendation needed

Dana Thanks for the advice here and in your email. I've received one quote that wanted to use two 2 1/2 two head units. Seems like overkill. I expect another quote in the next day or two.
  10. woodguy00

I had the boiler guy here on Thursday and we flushed the hot water heater. I thought the brown water issue was from the hot water side but spoke too soon. This morning I ran cold water for the dog bowl and had brown water. I checked the SXT5600 softener and the reading showed 2400...
  11. woodguy00

Dana, Once again you have provided a wealth of information. Based on this as well as you PM, I'm sold on ductless - as much so for the heating as the cooling. I have a couple contractors providing quotes. Thanks for all your help on this board. Nukeman, Thanks also for your help...
  12. woodguy00

I have the Plus 60 model.
  13. woodguy00

Dana, Thanks for all the info. Our home is a pretty modern design cape. Full 8' walls, 2x6 construction, lots of anderson thermal windows, R30 in attic - which I plan to increase. With oil at $3.75 and electric at 14 cents in Hull I like the numbers of using heat pumps I spent last...
  14. woodguy00

Thanks for the ideas. I need to have the boiler guy out for annual maintenence so will have him show me how to safely drain and flush the Weil-Mcclain indirect fired water heater. Since it is less than five years old I don't want to relace it. The manual says to relieve the pressure on the...
  15. woodguy00

We recently bought a 12 year old well built 2700 ft2 cape style home near the coast in MA. We have baseboard hot water heating from a oil fired boiler. No ducts currently. We are looking to add air conditioning. The attic space is wide open and there are well positioned 2nd floor closets...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks