Recent content by Wombat

1. Wombat

1 inch line Vs 3/4 inch line off of 3/4 meter?

Thank you for all your replies.:):) It helped me go back to the "Submeter Company" for more info and straighten this out! After contacting the sub-metering company and explaining my desire to stay with the One Inch sub-meter, they explained that there was never any "Problem" with going with one...
  2. Wombat

Thank you for your replies. :):)The only reason I am considering less than One inch is because the submeter system we were consider Maing is 3/4 inch. This section is only from in front of the Units not the section from the Meter to in front of the Unit. I will talk to the plumber about this...
  3. Wombat

We have a project at our Condo Association. We have a 3/4 Street meter. We are splitting the water that goes into a duplex. Now each Unit in the duplex will get their own feed in parallel as opposed to a linear circuit. We are thinking about putting in submeters inline but the submeter only...
  4. Wombat

Sleeving 1" PEX underground?

The Plumber wants to bore under Slab of a Condo to by pass pre-existing galvanized pipes. It will be One Inch PEX. I have read that it's a good idea to Sleeve underground PEX but apparently it is not required by code in WA. It is required by code in CA. There does not seem to be any pre-sleeved...
  5. Wombat

Question on Trenchless Plumbing

At our HOA in Bellevue we have 19 buildings on 5 driveways. Pex pipe that goes up and down the driveways has just been replaced. Now we have one galvanized water supply pipe that enters each building under the concrete slab. Each pipe supplies two townhouses. This pipe is about 18 feet long...
  6. Wombat

How do I use Hydrostatic Cement for minor basement flooding?

I have some very minor flooding in a small commercial building. When it rains hard, about a 1/2 of water comes in from a 3 by 3 foot corner of the basement which is. The basement is only 1/2 underground. I was thinking about using Hydraulic Cement. However, I see it is mostly applied to cracks...
  7. Wombat

Crazy situation with location of Gas line laid by NJ Natural Gas

So we needed a new service line from the gas company from the Natural Gas company on rehab after a fire.. They asked me where I wanted the line so I said to talk to my plumber who was doing the rough in. I thought well maybe it would be moved up a few feet or back a few feet. Never in million...
  8. Wombat

Is this the cover for a Septic Tank?

We are trying to sell a house built in the 50's in New Jersey and they buyer found some kind of tank on the yard. They say it isn't a Oil tank so that leaves only a Septic tank IMO. If it is a Septic tank can we just pump it out, take off the cover and fill it up? That's what the State Code...
  9. Wombat

Can anyone explain this cold water shutoff valve phenomena

I am was trying to replace a shut off valve on a toilet in a condo in Bellevue WA. The condos are converted apartments. They were not individually metered.There are two floors of Units. The condo was built in the 60's but all the galvanized steel was replaced by copper at some point. I was told...
  10. Wombat

Help with Garbage Disposal Installation

I'm installing a garbage disposal for a single sink. The Garbage disposal is directly in front of the drain. If I orientate the drain pipe of the garbage disposal in front of the drain, I am left with only a few inches, not enough for a P-Trap. The wall sanitary-T is a Female ABS threaded 1 1/2...
  11. Wombat

Contractor Flashed Windows improperly: How bad is this?

I told the contractor over many phone calls and emails to follow proper flashing techniques and to use Tyvek System. He agreed in writing. However, I just got the pictures and he completely ignored what I told him. Of course he immediately put up the siding before he sent me over the pictures...
  12. Wombat

Hooking up 240 VAC relay transformer to 24v thermostat

It's yee olde simple baseboard electric. I've have already installed a digital programmable thermostat (Honeywell TL8230A1003) on it, but the programming features of it are very limited. It only lets you choose two different temperatures during the day and it forces you to have exactly the...
  13. Wombat

Hooking up 240 VAC relay transformer to 24v thermostat

I'm doing this so that I can use a modern thermostat and not have to rely on the very limited selection of line-voltage progammable thermostats out there. According to the instructions for the RC840T, it cautions about adding an overload protection and cut off. As this will be in my house, it...
  14. Wombat

How to prevent your computer from getting Virus

Everybody without exception should always run in user mode except when you are doing administrative issues such as installing a program. Create an Administrative account and change your current account to "User Mode". Look on the web for instructions to do this. It is still possible to get a...
  15. Wombat

Safe to cut out stud from this wall?

I bought a 15 inch wide medicine cabinet for a bathroom that I was intending just to fit between the studs but this is going to make it a little to close to the shower. So I am toying with cutting out a stud but I won't do so till I'm convinced the house will not fall down! The wall in question...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks