Recent content by Wolf911

1. Wolf911

Separating gravel and media

I never did the math but I know I'm getting 10gpm off the 3/4 inch filter discharge. Unfortunately I've pumped the backwash into 55 gallon drums more times than I'd like to count. Also I have a meter than counts the gallons less than 3 ft from the filter discharge on the main line. Now that...
  2. Wolf911

Well I put the media back in after a rinsing and 2 hr chlorine soak. Even though the media backwashed clean to drain before removing from tank it definitely wasn't clean. I rinsed till it drained to the color of the well water then soaked in chlorine solution and a whole lot more came lose. I...
  3. Wolf911

It looks to be garnet not gravel. I think I'll give it a 2 hr soak in one cup of chlorine and water and dump it back in. I d Good idea I'll try that if it settles then I'll put it all in a large container and let it separate so at least I get most of the gravel toward the bottom. The media is...
  4. Wolf911

This stuff only lifts 2.5 inches during a normal backwash in a 8 inch tank with 10gpm. I tried separating the gravel but it doesn't really work. So your saying just dump it back in and it will sort itself out. No it wasnt gunked up. The pic is what it looks like right out of the tank no cleanup...
  5. Wolf911

I was having some trouble with my pryrolox filter not getting all the iron out after my chlorine injection stopped and I didn't catch it for a day so I decided to just spin the valve off and look into the tank. As I was lifting the valve off the rise tube came up along with it and wouldn't go...
  6. Wolf911

Understanding bed expansion

I ran no dflc button in the filter and pushed 10gpm thru the filter and it only raised the media approximately an inch. According to the calculations 10gpm in an 8 x44 size tank at 50 degree temp should be enough flow . Does it matter if the flow is correct if it isn't lifting the media...
  7. Wolf911

Yes I understand it's a small filter but it is only used as a pretreatment for my ro machine that has a sfr of 1.5 gpm . Thanks for the input. I've got a 10 gpm dlfc on the way so hopefully it will lift the media but I'm a little apprehensive that even 10gpm is not going to lift it 5.8 inches...
  8. Wolf911

I found this info on pyrolox. What does freeboard mean?
  9. Wolf911

It's a Clack ws valve with 3 buttons on front don't know the model number. Is it stamped on the valve? Where can I get a drain flow button 10gpm that's my max pump flow. Should I be able to see the media lifting a certain height in the tank?
  10. Wolf911

I'm bringing a 8 x44 pyrolox iron filter online for the first time. I did a manual regeneration the first time while watching the bed with a flashlight . The bed expanded only a half inch. I left the drain flow button that came with it installed its a 7.5 gpm. Water temp is 50 degrees. I...
  11. Wolf911

Is this proper toilet flange height?

Would this be the right way to install a toilet flange . I put the piece of plywood under it to raise it to the height of the vinyl flooring. I would cut the flooring around the flange so the flooring wouldn't be pinned under the flange. I haven't glued it yet so want to make sure it was right...
  12. Wolf911

Chlorine meter

Thanks for your input. I haven't started running the propotional chlorine injection system i have yet. I have a hach iron and manganese color disk and was going to get the hach chlorine disk kit also but thought someone might have some experience with a meter where you can see an actual...
  13. Wolf911

Chlorine meter

I was looking for any recommendations on chlorine meters for monitoring chlorine levels for my chlorine injection system. Something that has better accuracy than the color strips. Would like to measure free and total chlorine. Does anyone have a chlorine meter their satisfied with and would...
  14. Wolf911

150+ psi pressure after whole house filtration system.

I would check the directions for that expansion tank. I just installed one a while back and it said to set the pressure at the system pressure. Dont know if that has anything to do with your 150 psi problem though
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks