Recent content by Wojo42

1. Wojo42

Iron removal

I was going to settle for the ion pro, but the quote I was given was extremely Ridiculous compared to other systems I've looked at. Double the price. I really like my fleck softener, and would love to get the same for iron removal (Birm filter). What's everyone's opinion of purchasing fleck...
  2. Wojo42

Iron removal

I'd like to go with the Katalox resin, but the controller head they use is a Genesis which I've read on here has horrible customer support. Looked into seeing if I could get the resin with a fleck controller, but was told they are discontinuing the backwash controller in September so they won't...
  3. Wojo42

Iron removal

are you using the Katalox system? What is the bleach salution used for during the regeneration?
  4. Wojo42

Iron removal

Last few months we've been getting a lot of red staining in the sinks etc. had another water test done and came back with the attached results. 2.37 ppm or mg/l Currently have a fleck 7000 for our water softener, but now it looks like we'll be needing an iron remover as well. We were provided...
  5. Wojo42

Resin smell?

About a foot and a half.
  6. Wojo42

Resin smell?

We do get a decomposing smell, but it doesn't happen all the time. I'm not sure how deep the well is since it wasn't written on our inspection, but they did mark down the well cap was damaged. (Could cause iron bacteria to infiltrate) Only have gotten red stains. Checked the back of the...
  7. Wojo42

Resin smell?

Unless the install process is something different from sanitation process, no I didn't do it. I followed the manual on install and start up to a T.
  8. Wojo42

Resin smell?

No kidding, I've got that thing memorized by now.
  9. Wojo42

Resin smell?

Welp I ran the cold water for a bit and took a sniff and you could smell it in there as well so I doubt it's the hot water rod. Weird thing is the smell only lasts for only a few seconds once put into a cup. Then you couldnt smell it anymore. Our iron when tested last year was at .69 mg/L...
  10. Wojo42

Resin smell?

Took a visit to the local water store and was told that there may be a possible chemical reaction taking place in the hot water tank with the anode rod and should remove this.
  11. Wojo42

Resin smell?

We just installed our fleck system and it seems to be working well. No more iron smell and the staining in the shower and toilet has stopped. Bad news is I'm starting to get a smell in the water. Wife says it smells like cabbage, I just think it smells like crap. I read somewhere on here...
  12. Wojo42

4 vs 5 stage Reverse Osmosis

(Trying to post test results from phone is a PITA)
  13. Wojo42

This was about a year ago. I've been wanting to do another, but currently a test like this cost a pretty penny and I've been using it on other things in the house (upgrading heating, insulation ect. ). Is there a cost efficient test you guys would recommend that allows me to test yearly if not...
  14. Wojo42

Great posts everyone. I know very little about R/O and what I'm looking for at this time. We are currently on well water and since the original owners softener has gone to crap (just ordered a flex) our water has a very earthy taste and smell as well as an iron stain although our test numbers...
  15. Wojo42

Thanks for the replies. Are there any systems you recommend?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks