Recent content by winesalot

1. winesalot

Slimy Water Buildup

Hi, We have a winery that gets it's water from a deep well in mostly granite. Our water is very hard. We found that it was nearly impossible to get our wine glasses spot free which is an important factor in the wine tasting experience. (Spots = dirty = bad wine). We installed a whole house...
  2. winesalot

Slimy buildup

Possible for sure. We only ran hard water for a couple of months before installing the softener and it is all Uponor PEX. Do minerals build up on the poly pipes?
  3. winesalot

Slimy buildup

We found our water was very hard so I installed a water softener. No I am finding anywhere water is stagnant (around the edge of a toilet bowl or in a floor sink) I am finding a clear/whitish slimy buildup. Any idea what this is and how to prevent it?
  4. winesalot

House Pump From Cistern

Works for me, thank you.
  5. winesalot

Water Softener Before Cistern?

Not sure what this /\ has to do with water softeners. I think you may have meant to respond to my other thread about a pump for the same application.
  6. winesalot

Water Softener Before Cistern?

Good Morning!!! Currently I have a 547' deep well with a 5gpm 1hp 230v 1ph Grundfos Submersible Pump that pumps water in to a 3800 gallon cistern. From the cistern there is a 2" PVC pipe that feeds our winery which is 100' below the cistern and is fully fed with gravity (no pump). Within the...
  7. winesalot

House Pump From Cistern

Background: We have a 547' deep well with a 5gpm 1hp 230v 1ph Grundfos Submersible Pump that pumps water in to a 3800 gallon cistern. There is a 2" PVC pipe that feeds our winery which is 100' below the cistern and is fully fed with gravity (no pump). Next Step: We are getting ready to build...
  8. winesalot

1/2" Uponor PEX to Mop Sink Faucet

If that's the right way to do this. I'd rather not cut in to the wall but if I have to I will. Is there a faucet like this with exposed uponor pex connections?
  9. winesalot

1/2" Uponor PEX to Mop Sink Faucet

Hey guys, I have a small janitorial closet in my new building. When we did the rough in I pushed in two 1/2" uponor pex for the hot and cold water. I'm ready to install the faucet and I'm not sure how to connect the two. They type of faucet I'm wanting is like this one...
  10. winesalot

Two Sinks One Drain/Vent

The one to the right and the shorter run is a bathroom sink. The one to the left and the longer run is garage utility sink.
  11. winesalot

Two Sinks One Drain/Vent

Thanks for that. follow up question. Could I use two of the sanitary tees, on on top of the other And plumb the left sink to the lower tee since that run is so much longer?
  12. winesalot

Two Sinks One Drain/Vent

Hey there, I need to install two sinks on the single drain/vent. The sink to the left is about 15 feet from the drain and will be on the near side. The sink to the right will be about 4 feet to the right of the drain and will be on the other side of the wall. What would be the correct to code...
  13. winesalot

Full Recirculating Pump System - Which Pump

I am getting ready to build and want a full recirculating pump system. When I look at supplyhouse.com or other sources I only see pumps/systems with the crossover valve to be used at your furthest sink. It will be a simple prospect to plumb a single main hot water supply line with tee's for...
  14. winesalot

Size Of PVC Pipe

We’ll be using tank toilets. I’m not sure what that chart is telling me. Can you explain what I am looking at?
  15. winesalot

Size Of PVC Pipe

Hi. I need to figure out what size pipe I should us to run water from one end of the building to another. Here are the details. Service comes in to the building from and underground 2" PVC pipe at 44 psi. (Gravity fed from a cistern) I will run the pipe up to the interior wall to the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks