Recent content by Windward_coug

1. Windward_coug

New Well Drilled Yesterday! Pump Sizing Question

Yeah the plan is pvc from pump to pitless and then buried 1.5” pex to the well pit where the csv and pressure tank will be located. Yeah I’m hoping for minimum drawdown, a 3/4 hp pump would save on wire which is expensive right now.
  2. Windward_coug

The well driller just called me, he said he's going to double-check the static level tomorrow. He said that my well was actually doing well over 50gpm, just an eruption of water. It was making so much water that his rig was having a hard time drilling deeper because of the water pressure...
  3. Windward_coug

Thanks for the info. I'll have my well guy pump the well and see how much the level drops after an hour or two. You're probably right, it may not lower much at all with so much production. Luckily the vertical rise is to the well pit, so I should be good there.
  4. Windward_coug

The vertical rise from the well to the house is about 100 ft. It's a 6 inch well with 4.5" casing. The pitless adapter hasn't been installed yet. The pressure switch and tank will be in a well pit about 400 ft from the well. The well pit is about 100ft from my house.
  5. Windward_coug

Here's the background: I bought this property 4 years ago with an existing well. Here's the stats: 1005' Deep 80" Static water level 3 gpm flow tested Water was hit at 980' 5gpm 2 horse Goulds pump I had a 1500g cistern installed with a booster pump and it's worked okay the last few years...
  6. Windward_coug

Looking at a lot with a 1004' well at 3 gpm

No fire protection that I'm aware of. It is the law here that we have to have a rain catchment system that can be used for landscaping/irrigation.
  7. Windward_coug

Hmm I guess I didn't realize the recharge rate can change depending on different depths of the well. So at 500' my well may be yielding like 2 gpm and at 980 it might be 3 gpm. Yeah we're going to have a contingency clause dependent on the well inspection. Hopefully it has a decent yield at a...
  8. Windward_coug

The well was drilled back in 2004 and has never been used. The static water level is 19'. The well log says the hole is 6 3/4" with a 5" PVC casing going all the way down to 1004' and a 8 5/8" steel casing going down the first 20'. I plan on building a pretty big home but with very minimal...
  9. Windward_coug

The well was drilled back in 2004 and has never been used. The static water level is 19'. The well log says the hole is 6 3/4" with a 5" PVC casing going all the way down to 1004' and a 8 5/8" steel casing going down the first 20'. I plan on building a pretty big home but with very minimal...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks