Recent content by Willie Two

1. Willie Two

Which pipe for sewer line

Why do we Canadians use PVC Sch 35 vs ABS Sch 40 pipe. Is it cost ? Material flexibilty / frost or is it just better ?
  2. Willie Two

3 inch to 4 inch waste line

The inspector allowed 3 inch as I only have 2 WC. Increase to 4 inch just before it leaves the building.
  3. Willie Two

Problem solved, thanks to all who answered.
  4. Willie Two

Building inspector says:

Thanks to everyone, today I passed my plumbing inspection
  5. Willie Two

At what point in the house can the drainage system go from 4 inch main drain down to a 3 inch pipe ?
  6. Willie Two

Layout opinions

Anyone ? or am I just a bad artist :) :)
  7. Willie Two

Layout opinions

Hi to all, I am looking for feedback on this drain layout; A bit more info; material cost is not an issue, this is a new house installation, the job is in BC Canada. I have attached drawings of the layout and the house floor plan, all one story. I have a permit but the town building inspector...
  8. Willie Two

Valid Journeyman's ticket (Canada)

Is a journeyman's ticket ( Manitoba ) valid in another province ? ( BC ) Thanks to those who know
  9. Willie Two

Adding toilets to existing vent stack

Terry, sorry to hijack this thread. Could you redo this diagram as if you had two 3 piece baths side by side with a common water wall. My crawlspace drain is 14 feet long ( horizontal 4 inch ) above the surface then it nosedives (with a couple of elbows )below the surface and out to the street...
  10. Willie Two

two new bathroom groups, same floor. (Canada)

What is the best way to connect two toilets that are almost back to back on the same floor to a common 3 inch stack/vent, I have almost 5 feet of vertical stack to tie into. I am thinking one connection on top of the other ?Thanks.
  11. Willie Two

Suds pressure zones

The BC Canada plumbing code talks about a "Suds pressure zone" can someone tell me if this applys to a single family, one story home ?. I think I need a better diagram/understanding of this code item / requirement. In my case I will have a sanitary drain pipe which will be coming out from the...
  12. Willie Two

Building inspector says:

Well that's just it, the plumbing rough in is yet to be done, so no plumbing inspection yet. I will ask him on the phone as now is an easier time to drill the hole through the top plate/roof before we continue on with the house build. Thanks Terry for your input as I was quite sure a hole for a...
  13. Willie Two

Building inspector says:

During my framing inspection, the building inspector thought I would need a 2 inch sink vent. Here is the layout; double sink has a 2 foot long 1 1/2 trap arm with a dishwasher connection, drains into a 2 inch pipe that is 22 feet long going into the 3 inch main house drain. I was visualizing an...
  14. Willie Two

paper inside ABS pipe??

Maybe cut the pipe down the middle, open it up and check the inner surface for finish.
  15. Willie Two

Another venting question

When going across to the main stack to vent the bathroom sink. Can the vent pipe go inside the water wall cavity ( it's 2 x 8 ) instead of through the top plate / insulation and then across to the 3 " stack in the attic? Assuming it is well above any fixture drains. It's not a wet vent. Thanks
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks