Recent content by William Powell

1. William Powell

WI - Parts list correct? Does this plan make sense?

Thank you for the heads up on the proper slope, I will be sure to verify
  2. William Powell

I went with the dedicated cleanout fitting because I saw it first at the orange store. I managed to get 1/4 bubble line break on each segment so far, but they don't hold position at the moment because they seem to pop out. When fully seated the slopes actually look dead on! I got a little bit...
  3. William Powell

Made some good progress today, but did not complete the leg for the "laundry basin sink". I am debating if it is smarter to put sink to north instead of south. The drain pipes would be unnecessarily close to the sink if I go on the south side, but if I go north, past the water heater, I could...
  4. William Powell

Is this a reasonable location to use a 4" cleanout adapter to join the old work to the new work above? It seems reasonable to me, and would finish off nicer than a pvc hub/hub coupling... Any reason that's a bad idea?
  5. William Powell

Awesome!! Thanks again! Do you know by chance is there any distance limits for fixture to stack that might prevent this? It's not that far, but I'm curious now... I do plan to vent them thru roof separately as shown in red. I removed everything from the stack just above the wye in the basement...
  6. William Powell

First Timer here - begging your expertise

So the duct tape was covering a puncture damage hole in the 4" pvc pipe. It was about 1"x2" of broken out section (placed back into the hole) then taped to seal it off. I still had to cut below that line as if it was a joint, but in reality it was not. Just a terrible repair job lol Does it...
  7. William Powell

Could another 3" branch be ran to add a master bathroom in the future? Is that thing? Can I do provisions for it now that get capped off, that way the stack has necessary fittings when the time comes and wont require complete rework? I know this is getting ahead of myself a bit, but I would...
  8. William Powell

Willing to critique my tankless install?

This seems like a much longer service interval plan! I like it! I am in the process of relocating the laundry basin sink in my basement and would like to work more horizontally because I only have about 18" of drop from the heater outlet to the top (flood level) of the laundry basin sink. The...
  9. William Powell

Willing to critique my tankless install?

Thanks for your input. It seems there is ecological reason to do so as well, so it will make the hippies happy!! Got to like that! Reach4 mentioned the corrosion issues, so its certainly something more serious than I would expect. I like the idea of not paying $50 for some plastic and limestone...
  10. William Powell

Thanks again for your response! To put the sink where I want it, the trap arm needs to be about 48-54" developed length. So, I should be okay to use 1.5" here because the span is less than 72", right? Does that mean that I should reduce it from the 2" fittings and pipe that are already glued in...
  11. William Powell

Sir, you are awesome for teaching me all this! I cant stress how much I appreciate your help! 8. That makes complete sense now. I wasn't thinking about what portion was vent versus drain. You really nailed it down for me there, thanks! 15. medium sweep is new on me! I will be googling that...
  12. William Powell

I will get some measurements together and figure that out. Thanks for the explanation! You are seriously a tremendous help!!
  13. William Powell

This photo might help explain what I mean by working around the floor joist for the tub drain and trap. This is the old tub/shower trap. The vent is on the opposite side of the floor joist from the tub drain. drain will need to drop this low so trap can clear joist. Is that okay? only like...
  14. William Powell

Currently that wye outlet and street 45 at the base are 2" pipe towards the wall. Thanks for the clarification and vocab words. The developed length of the pipe makes more sense because we are concerned about flow within that pipe... Its logical, even though it may not be obvious immediately...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks