Recent content by willfishforfood

1. willfishforfood

Toto Drake Flush Question

I'm no expert, but if you make a couple of assumptions, such as gravity being the same force equally both upstairs and downstairs, it would seem that the increased power of flush that the downstairs toilet has would likely be due to increased water volume or increased rate of release of water...
  2. willfishforfood

no more flapper valves please

Okay, thanks for all the help. I do not have a water softener, and I've tested the chlorine in our tap water, and it comes out of the faucet at around 2 to 3 (parts per million?). No kidding, this is what my swimming pool runs at! I guess I will try the Toto, and buy a few more three packs of...
  3. willfishforfood

I think it (chlorine) runs about as high as my swimming pool in the summer. I live in AZ so we need lots of that to prevent algae and the like. My first thought to Mr. Swart is thanks for your help, but if your flapper valve lasted 37 years, maybe they truly don't make them like they used to...
  4. willfishforfood

I am guilty of this. But it seems that even when I have not used them, they still fail. What kind of life expectancy are you getting out of your flapper valves?
  5. willfishforfood

they turn "mushy" and discolor to a lighter color of red, or almost pinkish. I do live in an area with hard water, and this may be a factor.
  6. willfishforfood

Can anyone direct me to a good toilet that doesn't use flapper valves? I am tired of replacing them every year or so. I have used the red Korky "5 year warranty" ones, and they fail as quick as the super cheap ones. I have read the reviews about the Toto Drake, and would love to get one, but...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks