Recent content by willard f

1. willard f

Bradford White Power Vent Water Heater Won't Stay Lit

Hello, My 13yr old Bradford White Power Vent Water Heater will not stay lit. The problem showed up a few weeks ago and has been intermittent since then. The Water Heater thermostat will call for heat. The igniter will glow, the flame will appear, the burner will fire up. The flame is mostly blue...
  2. willard f

Lennox Furnace Condensate Trap Leak - Need help

Yes, I am guessing the wrong cement was used bc there is the faint look of glue at the connection but it doesn't appear to be green, which (as Reach4 mentioned above) is the standard color of ABS to PVC transition cement. It appears I did stop the drip though. For those interested, below is...
  3. willard f

The black part is actually dark brown but yes it is ABS. I cannot get the two to come apart so it must have been cemented when installed. After reviewing the manual it appears there is no gasket at this connection and solvent cement is directed for use. It does call for ABS to PVC transition...
  4. willard f

I am trying to keep my costs at a minimum and get this done with what I have on-hand if at all possible. However, this silicone tape sounds interesting. Didn't know there was such a thing. Will look into this.
  5. willard f

Hello, I have a Lennox G51MP Furnace. I recently noticed the condensate trap is leaking. I am pretty sure it is Lennox drain trap Cat # : 61M35 | Model/Part #: LB-96382A. The leak (just a slight but constant drip) is located where the pvc meets the trap's drain stub (at least that what I think...
  6. willard f

Dripping sound in wall behind stackable washer & dryer

thanks all, for your help. I will continue to monitor and try to decipher the issue, if it decides to reappear. Thanks again!
  7. willard f

I ran a couple loads of laundry and ran the dryer through a couple cycles, both yesterday. NO DRIP sound whatsoever. I have not heard the drip sound since the day I originated this post. :DNow I am wondering if maybe it could be weather related. Does this sound likely? We have been covered 'on...
  8. willard f

Got it. I will see if I can pull that off. I will also periodically be listening to see if this keeps up or changes or is directly correlated to running the washing machine, etc. Also, it has been snowy out here lately so maybe it is weather related. I'll update when I get some answers. Thanks...
  9. willard f

"Does this sound only happen when you use the dryer ?" No. Sorry if i confused. I ran the load of laundry through the washer first, then into the dryer. It was in between dryer cycles that I noticed the sound b/c nothing was running and it was quiet enough to hear the sound of a drip. I have...
  10. willard f

I should mention that the dripping has slowed to every 45 seconds or so now.
  11. willard f

I was hoping you were right and it was exactly what you just said. I can confirm the exhaust vent pipe is not insulated where it protrudes from the wall in the laundry room (where the dryer hooks up to it), however, I went up into the attic to check and the dryer exhaust vent pipe is insulated...
  12. willard f

Hello, I have a few questions related to a problem I've noticed and would greatly appreciate any help or guidance on how I should proceed. I ran a load of laundry and when putting it into the dryer (stackable washer/dryer on home's second floor), I heard a dripping sound :confused: coming from...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks