Recent content by whosyer12

1. W

Whirlpool Flame Lock water heaters, reviews, troubleshooting, repair and support.

Get the kit (if they'll send it to you.) and install yourself. I'm 2+ months since install and (wood knocked) ok. A few posters have seemingly (without outright stating it) recommended knocking out the window. I didn't do that--but if it fails again--I'm sure gonna. Most, if not all...
  2. W

Whirlpool Flame Lock water heaters, reviews, troubleshooting, repair and support.

Don't know if links are allowed here---but take a look at: http://flamelocksupport.com/kits.aspx What you see is what you get. No new burner or new valve. Almost a month for me though and working ok (wood knocked).
  3. W

Went ahead and installed kit today, as I couldn't get it lit at all for last 24 hrs. Wasn't too bad --took me 90 minutes, hardest parts were 1. Freeing old pilot line nut from gas valve. Due to tight clearances you can only get about 1/8th of a turn at a time. Make sure you have good quality...
  4. W

Just an update--- conversion kit arrived at 3pm EST---great overnight service--eh? Think I'll try and baby old one along till Monday just in case I need professional support. An interesting sidenote: At 2:30PM I called to be sure it was shipped and this time, same number as yesterday, I got...
  5. W

I just found this thread, like everyone else, after "joining the club". Mine lasted 3+ years--so I guess I'm one of the more fortunate ones. I'm currently awaiting my upgrade kit. I'm not paticularly handy and after viewing pictures of the upgrade kit was pretty intimidated, despite the call...
  6. W

HELP! Ignorant Woman Seeks Truth!!

Had my a/c serviced this past spring--part of the service was replacing the belt in the furnace blower as you did. Afterward there was considerable vibration and noise from the fan whereas before there was none. The techs position was "hey we increased your cooling abilities, which is why you...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks