Recent content by whitpet

1. W

External Rust but No Water Leak - Time to Worry?

Thanks for all the advice from the pro's. The prying part made me nervous, but I was able to slide a piece of paper between the bottom rim and outside cover at a number of places, and it came back dry. Not absolutely sure it got all the way to the bottom, but I think it did. I'm gonna watch it...
  2. W

Thanks for the feedback; that's reassuring. I'll keep an eye on it and watch for water. Thanks again for your help. :)
  3. W

I've got an AO Smith electric water heater about 8 1/2 years old; warranty was 6 years. It sits in a plastic drain pan, but I've never seen any water in the pan except a little bit that escapes when I flush the tank once a year. I have just begun to see a little rust on the very bottom curve of...
  4. W

Push-Pull Bathtub Stopper

I've got a bathtub that's draining slow - about 7 years old. It uses a Watco push-pull stopper, and as a first shot, I'd like to check the strainer under the stopper. The knurled knob on top of the stopper unscrewed easily. From some other instructions I found, I expected to find a screw beneath...
  5. W

Irrigation System Problems

Bob - Thanks for your feedback. I installed a pressure gauge on the pump and discovered the 30/50 switch was cutting off at 42 psi. I didn't realize the switch was adjustable. After I found that info, I was able to raise cutoff pressure to 50 psi, and everything is rosy. As you recommended, I...
  6. W

Irrigation System Problems

Hi - I'm looking for some advice, troubleshooting an irrigation pump problem. I've got an irrigation system using a jet pump on a shallow well. The system has 4 zones, 2 using spray nozzles and 2 using rotary heads. The system is about 7 years old and have worked fine with no significant issues...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks