Recent content by Whereismyhat

1. Whereismyhat

Fitting -> submersible well pump, tape or dope?

Five minutes with some warm water and paper towels later... Is there any other sign besides leaking which would indicate necessary o-ring replacement? My o-ring looks ok. My plan is to use rector seal 5 with the barb fitting and the pitless adapter like @Valveman suggested for the barb and the...
  2. Whereismyhat

It's an extra long barb like in the first post. If I replace o-ring, should I scrub off the rust or use rust remover? My pitless has the name williams on the side of it, but it just looks like a generic pitless..., nothing special about its style? Could I just get a off the shelf pitness and...
  3. Whereismyhat

Thanks! I assume the same goes for the fitting attaching the poly to the pitless? I should just use rector seal 5? Also, do I need to do anything to prep my pitless to be installed back in? There's a bit of grim I figured I would carefully wash off without touching the o-ring.
  4. Whereismyhat

So after way more reading than I originally intended..... (There's seemingly an inexhaustible wealth of knowledge on this forum, which accounts for every corner case disaster, most that I never even considered were possibilities.) I think I'm getting a bit paranoid now that I'm preparing what...
  5. Whereismyhat

What fitting is this? dielectric union

Does this have a swivel lock on either side? Seems like that would be the only way it could fit in between the pipe out of the wall and the Y junction. Trying to figure out how easy it would be to remove and replace the union.... Is it just unscrewing the cap nut (towards the wall I presume?)...
  6. Whereismyhat

Sediment cleanout (airlift pump) before installing submersible well?

I need to double check, but I think I was told it was cased to like 200 and drilled to 230. @Valveman just curious, under what conditions would it be "ok" to clean it out with an airlift pump? Also, are the residues I am looking at pretty standard and expected from my old pump? One company...
  7. Whereismyhat

So its just a regular union? I thought it might be a dielectric one.....
  8. Whereismyhat

Is this a dielectric fitting? That's my only guess.
  9. Whereismyhat

I know it's well cased, but if you mean the very bottom, I would imagine not. I think the well driller here mentioned they don't because its recharging the water from the limestone.
  10. Whereismyhat

It's the top of the pump. The discharge head the broke off when we tossed it on the ground. I already know what pump I need to replace it. It was a 3/4 HP Red jacket 12G12. My issue is deciding if I need to worry about/consider clearing out the sediment though, or if what I pulled out looks...
  11. Whereismyhat

I just pulled my dead submersible well pump. The new one is coming in a week or so. In the down time, I got to ponder the reason for my pump failure. I was wondering if it could have been due to sediment build up. It's been over 20 years so it could as equally be age.... My water has always...
  12. Whereismyhat

Drain back / bleeder orifice tee and well pipe

I have read a bunch of the posts including the one regarding check valves. - Submersible Pumps and multiple check valves? I am currently in the process of replacing a submersible well pump from the previous owner that went was installed with PVC as the drop pipe and had a check valve right...
  13. Whereismyhat

where to add standpipe? to septic main?

I'm with family member located in illinois who is a bit stumped on how to modify/correct a standpipe connection to their septic main line. It passed inspection when purchased, but I'm pretty sure this was an oversight. This is the basement and it looks like the plumbing is a bit all over the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks