Recent content by Whale

1. Whale

Drains and vents for bathroom and kitchen

I am adding a bathroom and a kitchen in a renovated attic space. Please let me know if this drain and vent design will work. Also where the kitchen sink hooks into the 3 inch stack in the wall I want to use a 3x3x2 sanitary T and a 2 inch street 90 because there is not much room in the wall...
  2. Whale

Max drain lengths without reventing

thanks for clarifying Wayne. I think I understand now. The Wye needs to be on it's side and the trap arm needs to be able to connect to the wye within on pipe diameter. If I wanted to get back to the original configuration of all 3 fixtures draining and venting into the main stack: sink 1st...
  3. Whale

To wet vent the tub from the dry vented lav: the trap arm for the tub would be the measurement from the tub P-trap to the Wye before the main stack? The horizonal lav drain, after the dry vent is tied in, is draining at 1/4 inch per foot. The horizontal tub drain is draining at a 1/4" per foot...
  4. Whale

thanks Wayne, This is my situation. " "If there are no fixtures on a floor above, then presumably your lav will hit your stack above the floor. Your tub and WC can still be vented by the stack, with a few limitations: any non bathroom fixtures (which couldn't be vented by the stack) would have...
  5. Whale

I need to change from my existing cast iron drain pipes in the unfinished basement to plastic. They have not been up to code anyway. I would like to not have to revent bathroom fixtures which are next to the main drain/vent stack. Here is a chart that I have about distances. I have a few...
  6. Whale

Bath sink help with vent

thanks for the info. You replied "the vent should stay within 45 degrees of plumb". Could you explain more detail about that? The vent in relationship to the trap, trap arm, drain?
  7. Whale

Bath sink help with vent

what if I use an aav vent for the washing machine. Then could I use the vent in the wall, as shown in my picture?
  8. Whale

Bath sink help with vent

Yes, another drain line on other side of wall for washing machine and I can put two inch pvc on new trap and drain. Without opening the wall how could I get six inches above the flood level of the sink
  9. Whale

Bath sink help with vent

I could do that, they have 2 different drains already. Could this work for the bath sink
  10. Whale

Bath sink help with vent

This bath sink and drain were here when I bought the house 40 years ago. It has been jery rigged over the years because of rust. I found a replacement sink, same style, hanging, and there is no cabinet under the sink. The painted 11/2" galvanized drain pipe, draining vertically through the...
  11. Whale

DWV Layout, especially venting

Thanks, what would be the overflow of the washing machine, where the drain tube exits the machine, the top of the stand pipe where the drain tube enters or?
  12. Whale

The bathroom sink and the washing machine drain are only 16 inches apart. there is a wall between them. Could I just use one AAV valve for both two inch drains and place the AAV in the washer room?
  13. Whale

Thanks for the response Jeff. Do you see any other way to do this without aav vents. Do you think diagram B could be modified in any way as not to need the aav or at least one of them?
  14. Whale

Hi, I am getting rid of the cast iron drains from 1924. Please take a look at what I am planning to do and let me know what you think about the venting etc. On the main floor is a small bathroom, a washing machine, and a kitchen sink. Presently all these fixtures are draining through a main, 4"...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks