Recent content by WendyH

1. WendyH

Need an odd size pipe nipple

Thanks for the advice, Stormrider. I stopped by ******* on the way home from work and the hex parts on the thread adapters aren't any bigger than the barrel on the brass pipe nipples. A homemade nipple will work just fine. Whew! I'd go all fancy if I were a plumber with my own thread cutter, but...
  2. WendyH

That was my first thought, but that mess probably won't fit through my kerdi pipe thingy. I'll check my adaptors while I wait for a miracle answer.
  3. WendyH

After months of tiling I'm back with a plumbing question. Say, for the sake of argument, I was an idiot when I mounted the drop ear for my hand shower, thinking that I could get a nipple to connect the drop ear to the trim piece (Moen) in any old size. Post tile, it looks that 3 3/4" is what I...
  4. WendyH

Shower drain vent question

I'd much rather do things right. The vent will be added. I know I can't use a san-tee on it's back for a drain. Can I use one to branch the vent upward off the horizontal shower drain line? If not, should I use a wye with the arm pointing back toward the trap and then a 45 degree to get it vertical?
  5. WendyH

Shower drain vent question

I thought my DVW plan was all set until I read Terry's response to someone about not having toilet waste washing past a wet vented shower. Hmmm. I'd rather do things right so the system works well without bubbling or siphoning. The horizontal run in the space between my 2 upstairs baths is as...
  6. WendyH

How to judge tightness of threaded connections

I just got home and checked. The pipe fits into the valve, but it seems to be quite loose (but a coupler is too big to fit). Plus the females are giant thick brass beasts. I imagine they would be hard to heat and require a ton of solder. And then I'd worry about solder running into the valve...
  7. WendyH

How to judge tightness of threaded connections

My new Moen shower valves have female threaded ports. I am sweating male adapters to my pipes and then connecting to the valves. I then have further sweat connections between valves and to the supply lines and shower heads. I won't be able to really test for water tightness until the system is...
  8. WendyH

Holmes on Homes, HGTV Sundays 9:00 PM

Holmes is the one renovation show I actually record. That's where I first saw Schluter products in use. Finding a local distributor was a challenge, but I've got lots of orange stuff in the hallway ready to go into the shower if I can only find time to get the plumbing finished. I find the...
  9. WendyH

Sweat connections near Moen Exacttemp valves

It's time to rough in the valves for the new multihead shower. The valves (1 thermostatic, 3 volume) are female threaded. We plan to sweat adapters onto pipe before screwing the adapters into the valves. However, this is a complex system in limited space, so the next connection (an elbow) may be...
  10. WendyH

To Kohler (faucets) or not to Kohler...

Most of my stuff is still in the boxes, so it's easy to check. My Toto Aquia II and Price-Pfister faucet and accessories are made in China. All the Moen shower parts say "made in USA of US and foreign parts". My Mr.Steam generator is made in the USA, and all the Schluter is made in Germany or...
  11. WendyH

Moen Vertical Spa, when to change pipe diameter in multi-head shower

Thanks much. The install guide pdf is so much better than the one that came with the system. And it exactly answered my question. I'm not using body sprays, so thankfully don't have to worry about a pressure balancing loop. I'm sure I'll have more questions before this project is done...
  12. WendyH

Moen Vertical Spa, when to change pipe diameter in multi-head shower

My husband and I are doing a complete master bath remodel, including moving all fixtures and adding a steam shower. This forum has already saved our bacon a number of times in the planning and process. I have our plumbing code just about memorized, but you all have much better descriptions. We...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks