Recent content by WellConfused

1. WellConfused

Need advice from professional

Thanks for your advice master plumber mark. It's what I'm going to do - dispute the bill and wait for his response. Actually, in the interests of brevity and not wishing to offend the professionals on this forum, I didn't set forth the complete story. Just after he began, he fried the...
  2. WellConfused

Need advice from professional

I'm a do-it-yourselfer who has replumbed my whole house and installed a baseboard hot water heating system. However, on a couple occasions, I have called on the local plumber to do something I'm not capable of. Recently, I wanted to cut into the second floor zone and create a separate zone...
  3. WellConfused

Need driven well advice

speedbump - about collapse: Years ago I tried to install a driven well, and lost patience with the pitcher pump. I rented a 5hp gasoline pump, necked it down and began to pump. Only after I had a truckload of sand in the yard did I wake up. I had a hole down there the size of a box car...
  4. WellConfused

Need driven well advice

Speedbump, Thanks for the help. I hooked a pitcher pump back on and am pumping lots if silty water now. My guess is that something collapsed down there after I had run the well for about six hours couple weeks ago. I've hooked up the pitcher pump and am now pumping lots of silty water. I'll...
  5. WellConfused

Need driven well advice

Bob, I really appreciate your taking time to help.
  6. WellConfused

Need driven well advice

I know that in this area you find water starting at about 10-13 feet, so I started checking with a string after this level. Had a pitcher pump on at 19 feet and pumped til water was clear. Then I hooked up the jet pump directly to the drive pipe. Five years ago, I helped a neighbor four...
  7. WellConfused

Need driven well advice

Two months ago, I drove a 1.25" point down 19 feet and there was 6 feet of water standing in the pipe. Hooked up a 1/2hp shallow jet pump with 1.25" pipe from well pipe to pump. I could run a lawn sprinkler for hours with 45-48 psi. Then, last week, pressure began to gradually fall off until...
  8. WellConfused

Driven well problems

I drove a 3 ft 1.25" point down 17 feet. Attached a pitcher pump and pumped till I got fairly clean water. Ended up with 53" water in the pipe. Hooked up a 1/2 hp shallow well pump to the 1.25" pipe with no tank and ran the garden hose for 1/2 hour with constant water and good pressure. Next...
  9. WellConfused

need pressure switch help

Thanks for the help. I replaced my pressure switch with a Square D 30/50 switch that has a low pressure cut-off.
  10. WellConfused

need pressure switch help

I just drove a 3 foot 1.25" point 17 feet down and have 4 ft water in it. A friend lent me an old shallow well pump that I hooked up without a tank, and it pumps a constant flow of clear water. I just received a new Wayne 1/2 hp pump, and I have a tank (air bladder) about 15 gallons. This well...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks