Recent content by Webdood90

1. Webdood90

Terry Love- cancer update

this is such terrible news. this forum and the generosity of its members left such an impression on me. terry himself even helped me realize a mistake on my recent bathroom remodel. I'm so, so sorry. I wish there was something we could do.
  2. Webdood90

Bathroom remodel, drain/vent design

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I wanted to follow up. We're calling it done. I couldn't have done it without the help from people on this forum (mainly Wayne). It took way longer than anticipated but I had zero experience, so I'm happy with the result. Thanks again. After...
  3. Webdood90

How to water test DWV?

Thanks for the reply. For context, this is a remodel. I've also already cemented all of my drains. Am I just SOL and need to cut them off to properly fill them? I've attached an image of my vent on the right, behind the shower valve. (side note: my shower valve has been corrected to a PB...
  4. Webdood90

How to water test DWV?

I have all of my vertical pipes capped except my laundry drain. I have a test plug that blocks the entire system from the existing drain. There are 2 vents, 1 that connects to an AAV and one that connects to an existing vent that exits the roof. I thought I could fill my system via the laundry...
  5. Webdood90

Bathroom/laundry rewire plan review

Thanks guys. Will take all of that into consideration with my work. I'm just about finished roughing out my outlets and I've made a really concerning discovery. I need to add a switch and vanity light to this room, so I went up to the attic to see about splicing a new branch off of the line to...
  6. Webdood90

Custom external shower arm

That was kind of dumb of me to post - of course Terry was right. I actually ordered a new PB valve and diverter the day he posted this so I can switch this out. Hopefully I don't need to make any super drastic changes.
  7. Webdood90

Oh, no... I didn't know this. So this thing isn't gonna fly with IPC? Thanks, will likely hive it a shot. Sounds like I'm gonna need to redo this thing if Terry is right.
  8. Webdood90

There is already conduit from the box to the exterior wall of the bathroom. Going through the house would be difficult. It's 130+ years old the box is located in a place where it's difficult to reach from the inside. This is a pic of the exterior wall. The top right window is the bathroom and...
  9. Webdood90

Huh, that's a really interesting idea I hadn't considered. I hadn't actually thought much about the fact that it won't always have pressurized water flowing through it. I wonder if the inspector would let it pass then, considering that (even without the tub spout). I have a long shower supply...
  10. Webdood90

Hi all, Attached picture shows my problem. Remodeling my bathroom and this is where I currently have my shower going. I don't think this is going to fly because it's an external wall (this is 45*, roof is on the other side) and there is not enough space for insulation. Instead, I'm trying to...
  11. Webdood90

Meant to post some updates on this. Still waiting on a piece for my shower wand. Couple things I want to change after thinking on what I've done: - Pull the laundry supply lines off the exterior wall. Hardly an inch behind them now for insulation which I can't imagine is going to pass...
  12. Webdood90

Wayne! You seem to be a jack of all trades. Really appreciate you chiming in. I've attached a floor plan to help illustrate the work. The top is West. Hopefully it's clear - washer and dryer outlets in bottom left, vanity outlets on either side of it, and the switch for the heated floor is to...
  13. Webdood90

Hey all, would really appreciate your time on this. Ran into a very helpful person for my plumbing questions and now I'm onto electrical. I'm DIY rewiring my bathroom/laundry with the following plan: - 1 circuit for 2 vanity outlets -- 20 amp gfci breaker, 12/2 romex -- 1 gfci outlet, the other...
  14. Webdood90

Had to adjust my plans a bit once I started laying pieces down, will post pictures shortly. Semi-good news is that I discovered another vent in a different wall from a half bath below. It's 1.5 inch and would allow me to run my lav vent across the ceiling to connect to it. My question is...
  15. Webdood90

Thanks, Wayne! I will make that adjustment. I think I got the sanitary tee confused with a combo and read that it could not be used when horizontal, so that will make things more simple. One other question - in preparation for an inspection, I've seen that people install test tees just before...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks